Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Baptiste

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No big deal, was it, nobody would have noticed if the BBC cameras hadn't picked it up.

Baptiste was probabably pissed off that they only got a point out of a game they dominated and should have won by miles. I thought he looked quite a decent defender, for what it's worth, apart from one fairly cynical foul on (?) CMS.

The Blackpool fans are all spitting feathers about El Abd's activities yesterday, so it's swings & roundabouts, isn't it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Saw this on the football league show and he didnt look a happy bunny did he , anyone know why he reacted like that ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No big deal, was it, nobody would have noticed if the BBC cameras hadn't picked it up.

Baptiste was probabably pissed off that they only got a point out of a game they dominated and should have won by miles. I thought he looked quite a decent defender, for what it's worth, apart from one fairly cynical foul on (?) CMS.

The Blackpool fans are all spitting feathers about El Abd's activities yesterday, so it's swings & roundabouts, isn't it.

I agree it's swings roundabouts...but it's not something I've seen that often

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Shame we couldn't get any foothold in the game and get CMS running the channels as Baptiste couldn't get anywhere near CMS at the game at the Amex last year.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
:lolol: Gus' face when he was about to cuddle him with a smile and then the shove in his chest and his face changed somewhat...

To be fair to Gus, his interview afterward was fantastic. "I'm going home relaxed". Fantastic from Gus, at his enigmatic finest there.

Gus's reaction was absolutely priceless! :lolol:

Tower

Oct 28, 2012
Saw this on the football league show and he didnt look a happy bunny did he , anyone know why he reacted like that ?

Blackpool fan here. It was all down to that Al-Abd, is that his party trick where he reaches round with his hand as if trying to be friendly and grabs an ear, he did it all game and the ref didn't have a clue. He did it on Babtiste at full time and he was fuming, about 10 seconds later Poyet tried to shake his hand. What a horrible little wind up merchant he is but if it works for him ???

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Blackpool fan here. It was all down to that Al-Abd, is that his party trick where he reaches round with his hand as if trying to be friendly and grabs an ear, he did it all game and the ref didn't have a clue. He did it on Babtiste at full time and he was fuming, about 10 seconds later Poyet tried to shake his hand. What a horrible little wind up merchant he is but if it works for him ???

I remember Jimmy Case helping someone up by his hair/ear/goolies/ many times after he had clattered them! Hammond/Croft/Dicker/Harley/Bridcutt and anyone else in midfield take note! :eek:

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
So Babs had a sense of humour failure......big girls blouse.

Tower

Oct 28, 2012
a reason to refuse a handshake and push poyet in the chest..i dont think so

In the heat of the moment I'd say that was the reason, not saying it was right of him to do it. Someone just asked why he did it.

I'm a mild mannered football supporter and nothing usually gets me that mad but even I wanted to tw*t that Al-Abd, that sort of rubbish is just Sunday morning pub stuff.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
In the heat of the moment I'd say that was the reason, not saying it was right of him to do it. Someone just asked why he did it.

I'm a mild mannered football supporter and nothing usually gets me that mad but even I wanted to tw*t that Al-Abd, that sort of rubbish is just Sunday morning pub stuff.
Yes you sound very calm. Oh and its El-Abd.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here