Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aldershot MOANING about BHA

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sounds like us on Meridian. The difference between us at the Shots ? Championship V Conference.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wait... isn't this BBC Southern Counties Radio, formerly known as BBC Radio Brighton? They can't really bitch in that case.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I mentioned this yesterday-Brighton fans aren't interested in teams in Surrey and Hampshire so why change the format that has worked for years?

The BBC haven't a clue sometimes and SCR hasn't a clue-period!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Lord Bracknell said:
I agree with them.

Why can't the BBC give people in "the southern counties" a decent LOCAL radio service?

That might include broadcasting the Albion match on 104.0 up here in North Sussex. Have they not cottoned onto the idea that there are Albion fans up here. Crawley and East Grinstead are in Sussex, not Surrey :angry: I'm not really interested in how Woking and Aldershot get on. Couldn't they be covered on 104.6?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What we really need is a return to the days when we had Radio Brighton, they focussed on the Albion and also non-league local football, not some cobblers station that is trying to cover areas that we frankly could not give a fig for.

Oh, and it should be broadcast on the internet too so that all those living abroad can keep up with what really matters.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
West Hoathly Seagull said:
That might include broadcasting the Albion match on 104.0 up here in North Sussex. Have they not cottoned onto the idea that there are Albion fans up here. Crawley and East Grinstead are in Sussex, not Surrey :angry: I'm not really interested in how Woking and Aldershot get on. Couldn't they be covered on 104.6?

I think it's more due to the contours of the downs and the positioning of the transmitters. With a decent aerial you should be able to pick up the commentary on 104.5. You get great reception at Clacket Lane on the Kent/ Surrey border, and the signal is plenty strong enough to reach Folkestone.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Interesting bit about Mcphee, who played in the 0-2 defeat to Tamworth on Sat:

thought the boy up front (Chris McPhee) did OK, he didn’t have a lot to feed off. In the first half, unless he was a cross between Mark and Tony Hateley he wouldn’t have won a lot, and that’s it… *almost explodes at thought* and that’s the frustrating thing, when the whole game plan throughout the week is about getting it into feet and it’s just too easy to lump it forward. I thought our back four were the catalyst for their win today, and I’ve told them so.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
West Hoathly Seagull said:

I second that as well.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
As far as i'm concerned, the bbc have not gone far enough, BBC west midlands should be broadcasting brighton games and not that other albion rubbish. GRRRRRR you can't work out if there happy or whinging during the phone ins!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
dougdeep said:
I think it's more due to the contours of the downs and the positioning of the transmitters. With a decent aerial you should be able to pick up the commentary on 104.5. You get great reception at Clacket Lane on the Kent/ Surrey border, and the signal is plenty strong enough to reach Folkestone.

I would have thought the north downs were a bigger problem, WHG lives in a hole in West hoathley if he has an arial to the Crystal palace transmitter he needs to get one to kent, or visa versa. He would ba able to get both Meridian and London plus channel 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here