Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Go and find the Longpigs album (sun is often out) if you haven't already got it, should be available for about a fiver. Then find Attack of the Grey Lantern by Mansun, then buy all the Super Furries albums, then Leftfield by Leftfield, then Blue Lines by Massive Attack, then the first Travis album, then Journeys by DJ by Coldcut, then Illmatic by Nas and finally for this shopping trip may I recommend a personal favourite of mine, Super Discount (the yellow one).

Happy listening!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I'm Wide Awake It's Morning by Bright Eyes and Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly (or anything by them - it's all good!)

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Albion Edd said:

The Freedom Spark by Larrikin Love is a really good album.

Good call! I particularly like 'Downing Street Kindling'

Anyway, I don't think you can go far wrong with...

B00016PO68.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
little barrie

all the floyd stuff may still be reduced after the sad death of barret(it certainly was a month ago)

dirty pretty things

the 40th anniversary of pet sounds

and in hmv is saw gretest hits by the kins(35 odd songs) for a fiver. that HAS to be done

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Katie Melua
Nerina Pallot
James Blunt

All the above are excellent.

What?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
oh and i saw greatest hndrix for a tenner(*bargaaain!)

and all the led zeps for 7 each. cant remember where that was though(ps get led zep 1 if u have to choose)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
then Journeys by DJ by Coldcut

What an absolute classic album!!

On the same sort of tip have you tried any of The Nextmen's mix albums? A bit hard to find but if you can find 'Personal Golf Instruction' in particular it's well worth tracking down. There's a moment where they mix the vocals from Jay-Z's H to the Izzo over the bassline from Super Sharp Shooter that'll just have you going TUNE for weeks.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
What an absolute classic album!!

On the same sort of tip have you tried any of The Nextmen's mix albums? A bit hard to find but if you can find 'Personal Golf Instruction' in particular it's well worth tracking down. There's a moment where they mix the vocals from Jay-Z's H to the Izzo over the bassline from Super Sharp Shooter that'll just have you going TUNE for weeks.

I've seen them do that live a few times, always goes mental. Probably my favourite dj's actually, those fellas.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I would recommend the new delays album simply for the track Valentine which is brilliant.

Saw them supporting embrace on tuesday and they were better than embrace.

Oh yeah and agree if you don't own the longpigs album or mansuns attack of the grey lantern then you are missing two of the very best indie albums ever in the history of music especially the longpigs.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
dont buy any and save your money for my birthday drinking session next week jonathan!

Jul 20, 2003
go and buy My Bloody Valentine 'Loveless'

timeless genius

of this year's releases TV on the Radio - "Return to Cookie Mountain" get the pevenseagull nod

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here