Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
image.jpg

Awesome

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Apostrophe (') - Frank Zappa
Another great album, with the added bonus of having jack bruce on it with that cool improvisation style he brings to the album. Went to see dweezil year before last when he performed both, Apostrophe and Overnight sensation live, and what a awesome backing band he has.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I rediscover the Smashing Pumplinks every 3 - 5 years. Just when I think I've outgrown Billy's big wanker ego, I hear their original stuff and crumble. Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie still mean a lot to me, even if I don't choose to listen to either.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Oooh.. you've just got me hunting out that first Mink Deville album. I'd completely forgotten it but it's really rather good. A band that should have been bigger than they were but I think Willy Deville's smack habit scuppered their chances.
Dont know if it was the first album but always liked Coup De Grace, with that great opener, Just give me one good reason.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
High Land Hard Rain by Aztec Camera, Steve McQueen by Prefab Sprout and The Boy With The Arab Strap by Belle & Sebastian, we've been jingling and a jangling here lately....

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I'm constantly rediscovering Inflammable Material - Stiff Little Fingers... true punk classic.

As an ageing punk rocker I never needed to rediscover this fantastic album, I've been playing it constantly throughout my life. Other than the really annoying 'Beep beep I'm an answering machine...'

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As an ageing punk rocker I never needed to rediscover this fantastic album, I've been playing it constantly throughout my life. Other than the really annoying 'Beep beep I'm an answering machine...'

Haha yep that is crap! Concorde in March... going? Jakey is one big lad nowadays!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I keep meaning to go and see them again, I think it was 1981 when I last saw them; I will do it again soon. Yes, he does seem to have consumed a few pies over the years!

Go for it (so to speak), you won't be disappointed, he's just given up bouncing up and down for the sake of the stage!

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
The The,two iconic album's;Infected and Soul mining get me every time along with most of new orders back catalogue,especially low life,if you haven't heard The The's album check them out,still as fresh today as when released.Quality thread by the way!!

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Go for it (so to speak), you won't be disappointed, he's just given up bouncing up and down for the sake of the stage!

Saw them last month in Portsmouth. Still well worth it, even tho Jake is carrying a bit more timber! Spear of Destiny were the warm up act & I bumped into Rick Buckler (drummer from The Jam) which was a real result!
Finished with "Gotta Getaway" - absolute class!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here