Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Album's you've "re-discovered"

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
One of the most underrated bands around D24.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
THAT SUMMER, a compilation in yellow vinyl with the likes of Mink Deville, Ian Dury, Ramones, a really good compilation. 1976 i think without looking.

Oooh.. you've just got me hunting out that first Mink Deville album. I'd completely forgotten it but it's really rather good. A band that should have been bigger than they were but I think Willy Deville's smack habit scuppered their chances.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Recently redeiscovered:

Dire Straits - Making Movies
Human League - Dare
10cc - Bloody Tourists
The Tubes - The Completion Backwards Principle

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
What a great thread! Helped me to remember that Pearl Jam's 'Ten' is incredible (thanks [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]) - as is Therapy? Of course 'Pauls Boutique' by the Beasties is always a solid selection.

My own recently rediscovered album is 'Stigma' by EMF... somehow it sounds better now than it did when first released in the 90's.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Origin of Symmetry.

I'm disgustinly lazy at updating my iphone and i managed to miss this off last time despite being slight Muse obsessed. So, in theory I hadnt listed to the album in whle for a good year.

However I listened the other day and it's just terrifying how EVERY track (obviously in my opinion) is BRILLIANT. All 11 are just sublime.

So I wouldn't say I've re-discovered, I've just re-appreciated it.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Elbow: Leaders Of The Free World.

Really top album that, gets overshadowed by the success of The Seldom Seen Kid.

Ive been meaning to give it a listen, having worshipped Seldom Seen Kid. Is it full of the same sweeping epics?

I recently listened to The Joshua Tree-U2, was surprised how good the guitars are, a great album.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm constantly rediscovering Inflammable Material - Stiff Little Fingers... true punk classic.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
ACDC - Back in Black
Have been thinking about getting BOOH and Dexys recently. Anyone heard the new Dexys?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Trouble gum - Therapy?

Awesomeness abounds

I downloaded that recently. Took me right back to Uni. Some of the most depressing lyrics ever, but with humour. I saw them live once and lead singer Andrew Cairns introduced the album opener "Knives" with the words "OK, ladies and gentleman. Love song time!". I also downloaded the follow up in 1995 "Infernal Love". Doesn't date as well to be honest.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
View attachment 38338

This one for me, can't stop listening to it at the moment...

This! Was gonna say the same - track 2 is a monster!

The other one which sounds great whenever I return to it is New Wave by The Auteurs. Should have been huge but most people who know their music seem to have it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here