Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums that are sooooo uncool and you like!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Jethro Tull Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll Too Young To Die ... anyone?
You're never too old to Rock 'n' Roll. I've just bought two tickets online for Ian Anderson performing Thick as a Brick 1 & 2 at Guildford on the 4th of May. I know it's a playoff night, so I'm hoping Murphy's Law kicks in and we have a match that night. There's always eBay if needed!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The best of Baltimora including their UK smash hit Tarzan Boy......

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I never get bored of listening to this classic:

61PS876N9BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Band on the Run, the only P McCartney (Wings) album that I like though

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
in my top 10. And I don't care one bit.

Blink182 - Enema of the State
blink-182-enema-of-the-state-front.jpg

Is 'Enema of the State' really regarded as 'soooooooo uncool'?! I loved that album when it came out. It was ridiculously catchy and infectious. A great, great summer pop album IMO. Admittedly their subsequent albums were a bit too formulaic and poppy and it did spawn any number of pale imitations but...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Spice & Spiceworld... cant recall the artists responsible though :p

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Circus and Progress by Take That

Both Busted albums

Girls Aloud Greatest Hits

and I am sure there are many more uncool classics in my collection.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I've always loved Eldorado by ELO.

ELO have delivered some of the best, singalong, radio-friendly pop ever, in my view.
I'm also a bit partial to the odd burst of ... Pilot - and even their modern tribute band, The Feeling. Oh dear.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You're never too old to Rock 'n' Roll. I've just bought two tickets online for Ian Anderson performing Thick as a Brick 1 & 2 at Guildford on the 4th of May. I know it's a playoff night, so I'm hoping Murphy's Law kicks in and we have a match that night. There's always eBay if needed!

I may take a look and buy also, just to make sure we make it to the play-offs!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Disagree mate Caro is cool but Ocean Colour scene were different class, i didn't think your were into :fishing:

Ha ha thought the OCS thread would make you bite! Really though, i like that album but at the time they were deemed too mainstream to be cool!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
:dunce:
Mate, if you think a band that produced 2 of Paul Weller's guitarists are uncool, then I don't think you know what cool is.

Btw, when I was at school I quite liked roxette, joyride...... Now That's Uncool!!!!

Well yea i agree but even Weller rated poorly on the "cool" scale as he was a mainstream performer, i liked him but must admit the concert i saw at Guildford was utter pants. By the way i could not even begin to describe the meaning of "cool" *

* Neil Young maybe?

D

Deleted member 2719

Ha ha thought the OCS thread would make you bite! Really though, i like that album but at the time they were deemed too mainstream to be cool!

I was into OCS before they were big though mate and then they were super cool!

I know a guy who like Jack Johnson Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:)

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Is 'Enema of the State' really regarded as 'soooooooo uncool'?! I loved that album when it came out. It was ridiculously catchy and infectious. A great, great summer pop album IMO. Admittedly their subsequent albums were a bit too formulaic and poppy and it did spawn any number of pale imitations but...

The only problem with them is the amount of rubbish bands which formed because of them. They were quite unique and that style has only been perfected by them. Any album with "Adams Song" on it cannot be classed as "so uncool". Truely awesome song with a strong message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here