Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2023

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Currently VERY MUCH enjoying the latest from Rose City Band who I knew nothing of until this morning.

This is a wonderful song. Go on, give it a listen.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Album now out and it’s pretty bloody good.

playing Green Door Store 2nd Nov.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Currently VERY MUCH enjoying the latest from Rose City Band who I knew nothing of until this morning.

This is a wonderful song. Go on, give it a listen.

I didnt realise they had a new album out. Thanks.

Are you familiar with his Moon Duo band?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not, though I have it on now. Loverly.
The Moon Duo albums vary but are all rooted in psych. I recommend seeing them live if you get the chance.

Again, thanks for the Rose City heads up.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Moon Duo albums vary but are all rooted in psych. I recommend seeing them live if you get the chance.

Again, thanks for the Rose City heads up.
They are actually playing Patterns on June 4th, though it's possible I'm there the night before for a Luke Una DJ set so not sure how that's going to fly. Thanks for the pointer.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm still enjoying Andy Shauf's latest album "Norm". For any other fans, he's playing at the old market on Sunday.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I've been really enjoying Goa Express. Album just announced, due out soon.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Not seen it mentioned on here but the album most likely to be AOTY for me released last week

Sleep Token - Take Me Back To Eden

Absolute masterpiece that blends so many genres including jazz, hip hop, pop and metal.

On top of that we have a name and release date for the next Queens of the Stone Age album, In Times New Roman.

The first track Emotion Sickness was a massive return from the stoner rock legends

If the rest of the album shapes up as well as the first single it will definitely be one to keep an eye on.

A shorter EP of covers by Ghost also came out this month, featuring covers of Iron Maiden, Tina Turner, Genesis, Television and The Stranglers.

A good ep that has the usual Ghost production and feel and is just good fun.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Released end of March.

Martin Kohlstedt - Feld.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another masterpiece from Lankum.

False Lankum.

Came out in March.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If 60s film soundtracks, 70s funk and Morricone are your thing I very much recommend the Changing Lights album by The Ironsides

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Some really good stuff out recently.

Sigur Ros new one 'ATTA' is spectacular and Grian Chatten's 'Chaos For the Fly' exceeds my very high estimations. Lovely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did so well last year holding off, but Sault have just re-pressed the 5 albums they released last November.....and I just cracked.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I did so well last year holding off, but Sault have just re-pressed the 5 albums they released last November.....and I just cracked.
I haven't bought any yet, but have listened to them online -- which means I struggle to find the right name for each album. Really don't get that rock album (Earth/Today & Tomorrow?), it's all a bit formulaic and dull. They're much better when doing rhythmic and inventive stuff, which is what they're doing -- I think -- on God.
On a different note, Gabriels' new one is the old one augmented with some more songs. It's very, very good. Particularly enjoying Bloodline. But it's all about Jacob's voice. That said, I didn't realise how important the violinist is to their sound until I saw them live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here