Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Won't get fooled again...................The Who:clap2: :clap2:

bakesy said:
Won't get fooled again...................The Who:clap2: :clap2:

LOOOOOOOVE REIGN O'ER MEEEEEE

and on the same side, Dr Jimmy and Mr Jim;- "I'm going back soon, home to get that baboon. Who cut up my eye, tore up my levis...."

"I'm seeing d-double, don't miss me if you can.
There's gonna be trouble, when she chooses her man"

Punk and the Godfather, 5;15, Cut my Hair......... it's just completely a brilliant album!

Eggmundo said:
so was Arnold Layne, High Hopes and.........another?
See emily play? was that it? I know Apples and Oranges was a B side.

No, actually Apples and Oranges was the top side, the final single penned by Syd.
Paint Box, although rather good, was the flip. Their next 2 great singles, while excellent, also flopped commercially, and for a while that served to emboss 'legend' Syd as the only reason for their talent - though he was by then a burned-out spent-force 'acid casualty'. Apparently his hippy flatmate would spike his coffee with a double dose of LSD every morning on the assumption that, as a far-out artistic leader in the psychedelic world he could 'go further out' than normal human beings. The poor bastard still had a regular human brain though, and he has sadly never recovered. Syd's family looked after and protected him ever since, the last thing he needs is media or public attention to disturb his fragile state now.
Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother were re-emergences by the Floyd as a musical force because they were part of the new 'Progressive' sounds, for which Meddle was a sort-of apex.
Dark Side of The Moon took on another form of its' own - born out of psychedia, prog and electronic experimental instrumentations, it put that prog-rock hippy band on the World map for the rest of time - otherwise if they'd not gone on to make that, they'd have a status in history more akin to Barclay James Harvest, Van Der Graf Generator or Soft Machine.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Locomotive Breath. Jethro Tull.
Kashmir. Led Zepp.
Razamanaz. Nazareth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here