Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albions worst manger

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Perry Milkins said:
Yes I do..the man who got us relegated and allegedley awarded stinking big contracts to players..which caused us a lot of financial problems.
No, it was Bamber who dished out the fat wallet sized contracts.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Lloyd who got us to the play off final?

And then said "We wont need the play-offs to get out of this division next year". And he was absolutely right.
:lolol:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
My head says Hinshelwood, but something about the Barry Lloyd years that sends shivers down my spine. Jimmy Case will always be a hero for 1983 - even if he did almost take us out of the league and out of business!

D

Deleted member 2719

Case and wood spring to mind but they were not the sort of people you could hate so it would have to be M*** Mc**** for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
Anyone who puts McGhee as the worst manager in the clubs history needs their head examining.

Removing

D

Deleted member 2719

Finchley Seagull said:
Anyone who puts McGhee as the worst manager in the clubs history needs their head examining.

Worse probably isn't quite the wording i would use hated that is far more aplicable to him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mouldy Boots said:
Worse probably isn't quite the wording i would use hated that is far more aplicable to him.

Only by those new to the club.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mouldy Boots said:
Although still half not as applicable as it was to Mike Bailey - who caused crowds to plummet even in the top division - or Barry Lloyd, say, or Jeff Wood or Martin Hinshelwood. Apart from them, obviously.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
Although still half not as applicable as it was to Mike Bailey - who caused crowds to plummet even in the top division - or Barry Lloyd, say, or Jeff Wood or Martin Hinshelwood. Apart from them, obviously.

Not to mention Mullery in his second spell when he blamed everybody but himself.

D

Deleted member 2719

Man of Harveys said:

I don't no alot about Bailey as i was playing more than watching in those days.

I like Hinsh and he did have mission impossible task.

Barry lloyd got us on the verge of top flight football and was with us for how long?

Wood use to play nice triangles around cones before the start so you can hardly dislike the man for that alone.

;)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
brightonfan_86 said:
Lloyd who got us relegated from Division two, after a 13 run losing streak.
Which '13 run losing streak' was this then?

If you are talking about 1986/87, our worst losing streak was four games. I suppose you mean the 13 match streak without a win, from January 3, where we beat Grimsby, to April 20, when we beat Crystal Palace. Still I take your point which you weren't making which was he was the only manager to take us down twice.

My worst, incidentally, was Steve Gritt. Controversial, I hear you say. All I would say is - ask the players who played for him. :)

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Large One said:
Steve Gritt. Controversial, I hear you say. All I would say is - ask the players who played for him. :)
*lights pipe, reclines deeper into high-backed chesterfield armchair* Do go on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here