Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is 13 your age or IQ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
surrey13 said:
Apologies, no offence intended but there's been a few times even in your short lifetime so far that we'd have killed for a manager as good as McGhee, under the regimes of Jeff Wood, or Jimmy Case, or Martin Hinshelwood, for example.

I'd single Case out in particular - the selection of his old mate's abysmal sons is particularly unforgivable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Booker, I saw all the defeats he led us to after Coppell left, we were absolute shite in all 4 games and lost a 6 point lead at the top whilst having the piss taken out of us by players and fans at Brentford and Bournemouth.

Luckily the player's choice didn't get the full time job and Uberstbenfuhrer McGhee steadied the ship and took a drab shite Steve Coppell team up :clap2:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Booker, I saw all the defeats he led us to after Coppell left, we were absolute shite in all 4 games and lost a 6 point lead at the top whilst having the piss taken out of us by players and fans at Brentford and Bournemouth.

Luckily the player's choice didn't get the full time job and Uberstbenfuhrer McGhee steadied the ship and took a drab shite Steve Coppell team up :clap2:

A drab shit side?

seemed to be top when he was in charge?

bobbyzam

Jul 5, 2006
London
Jeff Wood

His truly atrocious signings, Lee Doherty, Damien Hilton, Lawerence Davies to name a few. Coupled with his bizarre tactics, made his spell in charge one my most depressing times as an Albion fan.

Jimmy Case does need a mention to, I remember watching a game at Swansea on a cold November evening. in which he played the entire 90 minutes without a left back, unsurprisingly that’s where Swansea’s goal came from. The side he took bottom of the football league as Steve Gritt showed was a fairly decent side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here