Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ALBIONS - weaknesses and feedback to improve them thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
The latest tiktok of Shane Duffy booting the ball after Maupay scored and cutting it with the woman on the lounger getting hit by the ball was quite funny to be fair.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it's a bit sad that 30k people follow your son.
No disrespect intended but what does he do to make them so interested in him?

Kids need to realise life isn't a popularity contest and there is a world outside their phones, there may be less mental health problems if the did

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah but where are we on the space race? Surely we should be competing with Musk and Bezos if we are serious as a football club in the 21st century?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I look at NSC as interesting to view supporters opinions on FOOTBALL and club website for tickets and match highlights. Enough for me and in fact know of no other outlets.

I come here to debate the various flavours of Angel Delight - everything else is superfluous.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I had assumed tiktok was for 10 year old girls, Whatisup for Turkish women in their 40s and that's the summit of my social media knowledge. It makes me laugh at what riles the modern fan. On a previous visit to watch West Ham fail to beat us, some were giving out leaflets moaning about their massive full, free stadium and huge highly paid squad. Belloti and Archer were something worth moaning about. Lack of a young Zamora in the squad still isn't worthy of a lament and insufficient social media profile can seriously pass without thought.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think it's a bit sad that 30k people follow your son.
No disrespect intended but what does he do to make them so interested in him?
I should know but I don't, his finger is on the button of what his followers want. His mate has 300k.

Opened this thread expecting a debate on squad strength - shows how well the club is run if the best example you can come up with to justify a thinly-veiled moan is the number of social media followers we've got. Maybe we should sign another South African, then add a Korean and someone else from the Middle East - that'll fix it. :shrug:

It's should not be seen as a moan, I want it to be constructive, why are we second to bottom of this stuff? I would have thought we had enough creativity around Brighton for us to be in the top 12 and over 4 times less followers than Southampton.

Kids need to realise life isn't a popularity contest and there is a world outside their phones, there may be less mental health problems if the did
Yes you are right, but with covid, escapism has been the no1 subject for year's now. With any luck the kids will move away from it....but you could not bet on it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's probably because Paul Barber is too busy answering emails about free shirts for 7 year olds to be able to manage the social media profile.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I should know but I don't, his finger is on the button of what his followers want. His mate has 300k.

It's should not be seen as a moan, I want it to be constructive, why are we second to bottom of this stuff? I would have thought we had enough creativity around Brighton for us to be in the top 12 and over 4 times less followers than Southampton.

Yes you are right, but with covid, escapism has been the no1 subject for year's now. With any luck the kids will move away from it....but you could not bet on it.

A perfectly reasonable thread in my not-very-humble opinion. :shrug:

We started thinking about social media in my sector (higher education, research and publishing) many years ago. My reaction at the time was middle aged harrumping. But I admit I know nothing about what young people require and am now happy to see it all supported.

The main issue seems to be curation. As long as it is well moderated, like NSC, then what's not to like? BHA - get yer finger aaaaht!

:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Out of interest, how is the increased spending funded?

Are you implying every penny is being spent by the club on our January signing?:clap::clap::clap:

Of course, you need to get creative, but it's not my area of expertise, have you got any ideas???

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's probably because Paul Barber is too busy answering emails about free shirts for 7 year olds to be able to manage the social media profile.

Maybe if he just used a template reply rather than a 10 page diatribe, he would have time:)

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
Yes, I really hope Graham Potter is going to have a sit down with Paul Barber and Tony Bloom to discuss how we can improve our presence on TikTok.

On a serious note, I do have one suggestion for how we can improve though.

Move. The. Ball. Quicker.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I really hope you do know the content that your 14 year old posts to have 30k followers, I hope his friends parents know as well!!!
Both of my kids follow BHAFC on twitter & the 'old' one follows on fb too (my younger one says fb is the social media care home!). I get slightly concerned that they both follow NSC as well but that's only because they may realise that I post rather than just read. Is social media going to increase ticket or any other sales? I know that NSC makes billions out of social media & this post may have generated 0.00005p but I'm struggling to understand why our standing in the PL social media league table matters enough to require feedback. From what I have seen of the BHA twitter feed it can be very funny at times.... I've also noticed that they've pinched things from here before as well. #TeamsLikeBrighton being one. :clap2:

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, I really hope Graham Potter is going to have a sit down with Paul Barber and Tony Bloom to discuss how we can improve our presence on TikTok.

Call it a hot potato?

Na, we just need to keep the movement off the ball, so we have options to pass it to our players. Our control, touch is as good as it's ever been IMO.
In an ideal world I would like 3 gears and yes we need to get in top gear in the right moments of the game, which I think cucurella,lamptey, Trossard and Maupay already do for us. I have even seen Solly putting the ball in early than he used to.
We can get better but if you average it out we do move it quick for most periods of play in most matches.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Good to see the club responding so swiftly: "It is what it is. You clearly don't understand football like wot I do" :moo:

D

Deleted member 2719

I really hope you do know the content that your 14 year old posts to have 30k followers, I hope his friends parents know as well!!!
Both of my kids follow BHAFC on twitter & the 'old' one follows on fb too (my younger one says fb is the social media care home!). I get slightly concerned that they both follow NSC as well but that's only because they may realise that I post rather than just read. Is social media going to increase ticket or any other sales? I know that NSC makes billions out of social media & this post may have generated 0.00005p but I'm struggling to understand why our standing in the PL social media league table matters enough to require feedback. From what I have seen of the BHA twitter feed it can be very funny at times.... I've also noticed that they've pinched things from here before as well. #TeamsLikeBrighton being one. :clap2:

I suppose the question is how much privacy do you give a teenager? It would be like my dad finding my diary and what I wanted to do with juicy Jenifer behind the swimming pool pump house.

We have repeatedly told him what not to do on social and so has his school, hopefully it has all hit home.
What more can we do:shrug:

I also hope he doesn't read Nsc, as some stuff said on me would not be what I want him to see.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
So I don't want to cause any tantrums, but we are obviously flying high as a club in many areas and that is fantastic to see.

But have we got areas of weaknesses within our club report saying "could do better" ???

For example, social media, why the feck our saint whipping ours arses and palarse giving it to us too............... FFS

6K Tiktok followers........WTF........ My 14-year-old son has 30k and he hasn't even pushed it yet.

So what can we improve on???

https://www.hampshirelive.news/spor...arebar&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sharebar

I have no idea what those five symbols represent.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have no idea what those five symbols represent.

I wouldn't worry, I have seen these young fellas on here use them.

I think they are social media code the other one is fridat, remember that one as it is really in on here.

I just wish I knew what it meant???

It's all way to confusing isn't it?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I suppose the question is how much privacy do you give a teenager? It would be like my dad finding my diary and what I wanted to do with juicy Jenifer behind the swimming pool pump house.

We have repeatedly told him what not to do on social and so has his school, hopefully it has all hit home.
What more can we do:shrug:

I also hope he doesn't read Nsc, as some stuff said on me would not be what I want him to see.

NSC is tame in comparison to 30k followers on tiktok. If you think following peoples cars for a friend is a good idea, then I'm pretty sure you can manage to dupe your kid into giving his Tiktok name to you, even if you get his friends name first. Basic rule of allowing your kids to set up social media accounts..... when you say they can set the first one up do it with them. Offer to write down their password just in case they forget. I'd be looking more at the comments they were getting rather than the stuff they posted. Way to much pressure of 30k followers for a year 10 kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here