Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albions strange but true.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A certain infamous director of the club being arrested in the late 80's for putting his foot through a store window after an away FA Cup loss somewhere up North, can't remember all the details, anyone else remember this?

Doncaster I think. Gulls Eye had the incident on the cover of their fanzine

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Weird, funny and disturbing all in one was the sight of Dean Wilkins and Robert Codner being pulled apart at the Goldstone. Seen players getting heated with each other but this is the only time I've seen Albion players nearly coming to blows.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Northampton Town... think about 2007 away... Nathan Elders last game when Kuipers started running after El Bad as if he was going to jump on his back and starts a ruckus. Now THAT woudlve been a fight and a half!

Was it Mark McGhee who was so disgusted with Mark McCammons performance at Burnley that he ordered the team coach to drive off without him ?. McCammon was not happy and had to get a lift back in a minibus.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
as a teenager i once sat in the front row of the west stand and we must have been playing liverpool in the 1st division. ball goes out of touch right next to us and john gregory comes to take the throw but has to wait cos emlyn hughes is injured.

i grew up with emlyn hughes as team capain on the compusory (then) question of sport. John Gregory then banters with the front row and told us all that emlyn hughes batted for the other side (cant say what he actually said for obvious reasons). I must have been slightly shocked by this (it wasnt so ok then as it is now) - cos thats all i can remember about the game, probably the season and quite possibly the whole decade!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Reserve game at Goldstone when David Moss was coming back from injury for Luton. We stood on NW terracing and were giving him stick all night. When he came over to take a throw he put the ball down, dropped his shorts and laughed. Great character and took the stick well.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
One that surely qualifies for an Albion strange but true?

I think it was around the late 80's/early 90's? Wasn't there a bloke who was travelling to away games on the supporters club coach, but instead of going to the game, he was going to various building societies in the towns, robbing them, then returning to Brighton on the coach!

I don't remember how many he actually robbed, but the Police finally noticed the pattern & he was nicked. If I remember correctly, he finally had his collar felt when Brighton were away at Notts County. I can't remember how many hold ups he committed? I think Stockport was another one?

Anyone remember his name or if he's still around? Chances are, he's been released now.

Personally, I think Liz Costa should have been charged with aiding and abetting plus harbouring a criminal. :rolleyes:

Thats got to be made up!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I didn't see it, but the funniest thing Iv'e heard in connection with the Albion. At Withdean the Stewards were chucking out a drunk, who didn't want to go. So they got hold of his legs, and one of his legs come off in their hands.

That's the fella. Remember him rising like a salmon to nod the ball out in a tense finale vs city, to massive Cheers from the north stand and huge protests from city players

Remember the incident but thought it was the '83 cup game v City. If it was I don't remember a tense finale because we hammered them 4 - 0, 2 - 0 up and cruising at half time with ironic laughter when the "...in the event of a replay" information was given out.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Remember the incident but thought it was the '83 cup game v City. If it was I don't remember a tense finale because we hammered them 4 - 0, 2 - 0 up and cruising at half time with ironic laughter when the "...in the event of a replay" information was given out.

Was against City in April 1989 and we won 2-1:

[88/89] Brighton v Manchester City, Apr 1st 1989 - YouTube

Cuss headed the ball into the North West Terrace area in the last minute or so, when we were on the rack (City went up that year as champions?) and us winning was a big shock.

The Gallagher brothers were in the away end going #madforit

That was my brother - the idiot! [MENTION=10816]dale jasper football guru[/MENTION] :lol:

I remember that - in the days of those two non league superstar signings, Robert Codner and Nick Sinnot?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was against City in April 1989 and we won 2-1:

[88/89] Brighton v Manchester City, Apr 1st 1989 - YouTube

Cuss headed the ball into the North West Terrace area in the last minute or so, when we were on the rack (City went up that year as champions?) and us winning was a big shock.

The Gallagher brothers were in the away end going #madforit

That own goal from Brightwell is an absolute cracker. I don't remember that at all (despite having been a ballboy behind taht very goal at the time :dunce:)

Remember the Cuss header very well though. Tremenduous stuff.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Weird, funny and disturbing all in one was the sight of Dean Wilkins and Robert Codner being pulled apart at the Goldstone. Seen players getting heated with each other but this is the only time I've seen Albion players nearly coming to blows.

Gary Williams and Moseley/Steele (cant remember the which one) had a fight on the pitch

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Gary Williams and Moseley/Steele (cant remember the which one) had a fight on the pitch

Eric Steele. At Old Trafford I believe.

Keith Cuss the "ballboy" was part of the supporters club team that played in a tournament in Paris. We lost to Ajax on pens in the QF, our goalie missed the key pen...on his birthday!

PG

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Eric Steele. At Old Trafford I believe.

Keith Cuss the "ballboy" was part of the supporters club team that played in a tournament in Paris. We lost to Ajax on pens in the QF, our goalie missed the key pen...on his birthday!

PG[/QUOTE

Served my aircraft engineer apprenticeship with Simon Cuss, Keith's son

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here