Runners-up - £25,000

League 1:

Winners - £25,000

Runners-up - £10,000

League 2:

Winners - £25,000

Runners-up - £10,000

Third place - £5,000

Thank you for your email. Only the winners and runners-up in The Championship receive a specific amount (as listed) – 3rd to 24th receive a basic award rather than a ladder payment.

Championship:

Winners - £50,000, Runners-up - £25,000

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
So will the £16M pa parachute payments that Pompey, Hull, Burnley and the three relegated Premier League teams will qualify for next season

Indeed that will.

However, when looking at an income of say 20m, paying 15 players 10 grand a week only works out at 7.8m call it 10m assuming we will pay the tax man, and that means some reasonable players.

Now add a decent manager to the mix to get the best out of them and that revenue whilst nowhere near that of some others looks OK to me, especially compared to that of Withdean in League 1.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Professor Cashmore backs Football League TV cash payout

-----

BBC Sport - Football - Professor Cashmore backs Football League TV cash payout

Midlands Late Kick Off talks football finance with Ellis Cashmore, professor of culture, media and sport at Staffordshire University. Professor Cashmore believes Championship clubs deserve to receive 80% of the Football League's broadcasting cash, leaving League One clubs with 12% and League Two clubs receiving just 8%. And he says that if you created a new game called Association Football in the 21st century, the blueprint would be that England could only sustain 20-25 clubs, rather than 92.

-----

Brilliant. Professor CASHMORE.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone fancy taking a stab @ what funds will be available in the summer transfer window? Any guesses as to how much we will be able/willing to spend?

As we have been looking to sign up a £1M striker recently, and given that Gus has talked of strengthening with about 7 new additions, I would hazard a guess at a total spend of around £2.5M - £3.5M.

Too much? Not enough?

:albion1:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Anyone fancy taking a stab @ what funds will be available in the summer transfer window? Any guesses as to how much we will be able/willing to spend?

As we have been looking to sign up a £1M striker recently, and given that Gus has talked of strengthening with about 7 new additions, I would hazard a guess at a total spend of around £2.5M - £3.5M.

Too much? Not enough?

:albion1:

I'm sure I heard or read somewhere recently that if promoted, we will have the 5th or 6th highest budget in the championship, using this season as the blueprint.

Might have dreamt it though :lolol:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
The prize money for winning the 1st Division would seem to be pretty insignificant (£25,000 has ben quoted).

I may be being optimistic but if we were to sell on average another 4,000 programmes at each home game with a £2 profit on each, that brings in nearly £200,000 extra over the year, just on programmes.

The extra revenue from 20,000 attending the stadium every 2 weeks, particularly with the bar and catering facilities looking like they are going to be quite varied, is going to be colossal.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So will the £16M pa parachute payments that Pompey, Hull, Burnley and the three relegated Premier League teams will qualify for next season

Fortunately these teams usually "waste" that, paying the wages (or paying up the contracts) of the Premiership contracts they signed in the past. I'm struggling to think of teams that have genuinely used these payments to their advantage.. West Brom possibly ?

Wasn't Pompey's payment spent ages ago ?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's not as simple as the more we sell the more we make.The more Indians you have means the more chiefs you need to control the Indians.

Fortunately these teams usually "waste" that, paying the wages (or paying up the contracts) of the Premiership contracts they signed in the past. I'm struggling to think of teams that have genuinely used these payments to their advantage.. West Brom possibly ?

Wasn't Pompey's payment spent ages ago ?

This season's definitely but relegated teams get a total of £48M parachute payments - £16M for each of the first seasons then £8M for the next two.

I think Blackpool said at the end of last season that they will adopting the same business strategy as West Brom - ie seeking to re-invest some of the SKY money and not spending it all on increased revenue costs.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Isn't the supporters bar open 7 days a week? i'd imagine a large number of students would use it given the proximity to the uni.

15000 STH @ ave 425 = 6.375m
That's way in excess of the real income from STHs.

For a start, it ignores the fact that Seniors, Under 18s and Under 10s get heavily discounted prices. And, for seconds, it ignores the VAT liability.

The most expensive seats in the ground (Adults in West Stand Lower) are paying £595 a season. That's about £495 after HMRC have taken their cut. The expensive West Stand Upper tickets are about £383 +VAT. The cheaper ones are about £330 +VAT (the same as North Stand adult season tickets). Under 10s in the Family Stand are paying just over £80 +VAT.

My guess is that season ticket income to the Club will be much closer to £4 million a year than £6.375 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here