Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's Relegation Rivals Buy New Striker

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Yorkie said:
Have you paid back the PFA the loan for the players wages

Months ago. The loan was only £120,000. We paid it back after we sold McAnuff to Palace for £600,000.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i will never be able to work out why so many cash strapped clubs can afford big transfer fees and big wages. how much is koumas on at cardiff?
and if leeds are still 9m in debt then what the hell are they doing spending 1.15m on cresswell? who in my opinion is worth no more than £600.000.
must have bloody great bank managers. or is ken bates doing to leeds what he did to chelsea, and spending well beyond his means again. i hope leeds fans appretiate the money he is spending when they face administration or bankruptcy again. any leeds fans i ever talk to expect their club to spend, spend and spend. nobody had a problem with ridsdale when leeds were challanging in europe but then all of a sudden he became the most hated man in yorkshire.
if you want your chairman to take massive gambles with their money then you should stand by them when all goes wrong.
we dont spend too much money because we cannot afford to. i think that is the best policy for our club. once we get falmer then i would like to see us spend more money on players at that point. then i think we would be able to justify it. but even then it wouldn't be millions like leeds spend.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I am a repetitive shite. It's true. Whereas you're just a shite.

Glad you've realised.

Not the best comeback I've seen on here, it must be said.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
graz126 said:
i will never be able to work out why so many cash strapped clubs can afford big transfer fees and big wages. how much is koumas on at cardiff?

It's called getting money on the never-never from various 'sources' which are probably best left quiet and then somehow hoping to recuperate that money via increased gates and promotion.

However, football is beginning to implode and, although I do like Cardiff (good terrace, passionate fans etc), I hope that kind of big-spending, no-money club gets in the shit.

We haven't been as good as that. The defence have looked like a performing circus troupe and the midfielders have appeared clueless. Still, early days, new manager, lots of new players, time to gel and all that shit.

Besides, results don't matter at this stage of the season anyway. London Irish said that, so it must be true.

:thumbsup:

I also seem to remember forecasting that Cardiff would have it tough when everyone on here was getting blinded by Koumas, etc :D

Lovely to see Cardiff have another player to get their hopes up about :drink:

But bless 'im, TLB seems to have learnt his lesson by now. Relegation rivals indeed. Better be no
iron.gif
there look you mind.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what a joke,
Can't honestly see Cardiff down there with us + Leeds could well make the play offs which all there fans think they have the god given right for simply cos they're Leeds. Hope they fail !!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think Cardiff may sneak the playoffs this year but I wonder about their long term future.

Surely the sums don't add up ?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Nope. Not in the least bit concerned. Myself and a few other lads who use our site spent five hours in the Ninian Park boardroom with Sam Hammam a couple of weeks ago. He explained the club's complicated financial dealings of the last 12 months in great detail. The long-term situation will be dire if the new stadium project doesn't get going soon, but the short term problems have been solved.

The new players are a gamble, but a calculated risk all the same. And the club will not be shelling out £1 million on these two lads (if they sign) in lump sums. The fees will be paid in installments (as is the case with Darren Purse's fee), and will be dependant upon factors such as team performance, appearances, international caps, etc.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
TLB whats the latest on the new stadium tho?

Progress is slow. But a new man has been installed to head the project team, and one by one the various contracts are getting signed. All the major problems have been solved, but there's some way to go yet.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tell you what, thats a GREAT bit of business from Cardiff.

Riordan is widely accepted as the best talent to emerge in Scotland for 20 or so years, I saw him play twice last year and the goalscoring abilty just blows you away.

He turned down Celtic over the Summer, I am gobsmacked he is going to Cardiff.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Progress is slow. But a new man has been installed to head the project team, and one by one the various contracts are getting signed. All the major problems have been solved, but there's some way to go yet.

Compared to Falmer mate that sounds positive progress!!!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Yes, and didn't I recall them saying on Sky Sports in your defeat to Watford that that man is Peter Ridsdale?

If it is, I would be more than a little concerned that big spending, low-impact charlatan is anywhere a stadium project of that magnitude?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The more worrying aspect of relegation rivals signing strikers is that Millwall, who are rivals for relegation, have signed a proven goalscorer in this division in Carl Asaba for free and Paul Shaw, who was with MM at Millwall, has turned down a move to Plymouth why are we not in for these players?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BensGrandad said:
The more worrying aspect of relegation rivals signing strikers is that Millwall, who are rivals for relegation, have signed a proven goalscorer in this division in Carl Asaba for free and Paul Shaw, who was with MM at Millwall, has turned down a move to Plymouth why are we not in for these players?

I hate to say it but sometimes MM does not have a clue. Paul Shaw is a definite. AS IS BLANEY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here