Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's opening match at Falmer: any news yet?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've hear it would have been Arsenal but English clubs are concerned about Champions League/UEFA Cup preliminary games. The Club are now looking at foreign clubs.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
If you're talking, as I understand it, first 'Official' , then surely that'll be our first League game.........end of thread !

I can't think what would be unofficial about our first ever fixture at our new stadium, except for pedants. Thread continues

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Gus said at that AMEX thing last week or the week before Real Zaragoza were keen. However they could be a Sengunda team by then so it'd be no different from playing Hull or another championship team.

I've heard from more than one Spuds fan the buzz is they're going to be our first opponent. Don't care any which way cos i wont be going unless its Boca Juniors or another incredible team i probably wont ever get to see otherwise.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Clue it is not LA galaxy

N Y COSMOS ....... EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!
Would actually be very appropriate,what with the stadium representing a new begining for us & it would be one of the first games ( if not the 1st) for the reformed Cosmos.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have it on good authority that it will be the same team that we played for the first game under the new lights at the Goldstone, namely Frem from Copenhagen.

I can't think what would be unofficial about our first ever fixture at our new stadium, except for pedants. Thread continues

First games to be played at the Amex will be ramp up events (such as the Sussex Senior Cup final) and various BHA pre season friendlies which will ostensibly be tests for the stadium before it can be granted a safety certificate.

The first "official" match will be the first league game on August 6

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I don't want a prem club because, with a limited attendance (ramp up) we will be losing spaces to visiting fans and especially their armchair Sussex based fans.

Give me a Dutch team for Michels testimonial.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Heard from a hardcore Chelsea fan last night (guy who hasn't missed a Chelsea game home or away for over 10 years), that it is definitely them - but could of course just be a strong rumour based on Poyet's connections there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Heard from a hardcore Chelsea fan last night (guy who hasn't missed a Chelsea game home or away for over 10 years), that it is definitely them - but could of course just be a strong rumour based on Poyet's connections there.

Not at the gig tonight?!

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester

yea heard this too, seems feasible with gus's connections.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not at the gig tonight?!
Ha - no, thought about it but had to go out with work people. Was hoping to still make it down in time but didn't pan out. Going to Pompey tomorrow in any case - are you?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's Barcelona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here