Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's new away kit

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
I think the new away kit is excellent, much better than the red and black of recent seasons. Not original but quite unusual for the English leagues. Question re our colours over the years. I am 56 yrs old and cannot recall ever seeing Albion play in green. Is green a new colour for Albion?:bhasign:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think the new away kit is excellent, much better than the red and black of recent seasons. Not original but quite unusual for the English leagues. Question re our colours over the years. I am 56 yrs old and cannot recall ever seeing Albion play in green. Is green a new colour for Albion?:bhasign:[/QUOTE

I believe that in our very early days we played in Green and Black, the pattern was similar to the Arsenal kit. Green body with black sleeves. If i'm wrong i apologise! But i'm sure i saw an article somewhere last season when the club announced we'd play in these colours. (if you remember, they ran an April fools saying it was our new home kit!)

The green was more like British racing green though!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Brighton United played in green in 1898 through 1900 before disbanding.

brighton___hove_albion_1898-1899.gifbrighton___hove_albion_1899-1900.gif

Brighton and Hove Rangers played in a Notts County replica kit!

brighton___hove_albion_1900-1901.gif

These are the home kits. Not sure about the array of away kits we've had.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Wow...i forgot how bad the 91 Nobo kit was!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think the new away kit is excellent, much better than the red and black of recent seasons. Not original but quite unusual for the English leagues. Question re our colours over the years. I am 56 yrs old and cannot recall ever seeing Albion play in green. Is green a new colour for Albion?:bhasign:

We had a green away kit in the 1970s.

[yt]Bunds1TxSbQ[/yt]

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
Is there any chance that this green strip is a borrowed strip, maybe a Hereford training strip. We do not seem to be displaying our club badge. Albion might of turned up in their normal blue and white but maybe the Beeb thought that there would be a clash on black and white tv's and asked Albion to change.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and in what way is it not 'original'?

It's not original in a football sense, as other teams have played in these colours before :shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is there any chance that this green strip is a borrowed strip, maybe a Hereford training strip. We do not seem to be displaying our club badge. Albion might of turned up in their normal blue and white but maybe the Beeb thought that there would be a clash on black and white tv's and asked Albion to change.

Well, our home kit did not feature our badge either, that season. On the other hand, Hereford's shirts were by Umbro too.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Brighton Hove Albion - Historical Football Kits

Link to our first kits! Got the Arsenal bit wrong...but deffo played in green and black!

from that website

"On July 31 2011, Albion officially opened their brand new home, The American Express Community Stadium, with a friendly against Spurs. Once again a special kit was worn for the occasion and a new crest unveiled. This revived the popular circular badge from the Seventies but with the gull flying in the opposite direction."

shit - i missed it!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

That, like the home kit of the same time and the red away Bukta kit the following season didn't have a club badge.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Another image, now, does anyone remember, was this a red or green shirt? No badge, made by Umbro.

Capture.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here