Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs. Tranmere Match Thread

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought we were really poor in the first half, apart from two good shots from Coxy and Jake. They deserved the lead in the first half, and on another day we could of walked into the dressing room being 3-0 down, with the amount of chances they had.

In the second half we came out with all guns blazing, no surprise really. I thought we gave it 110%, I don't think we did enough to win the game mind you. Because Tranmere where a very physical and a very well organised backline.

I was right in line with the penalty decision, and to me it could of gone either way. Jakey turned his man superbly, but lost control of the ball and that to me could of been the only reason the referee gave him a booking for diving.

We didn't give up trying, espically the chance Jakey had right at the death what went wide. I was totally speechless, espically with Jakey in the form he is in. On another day we could of got a draw, but I think Tranmere did enough to win the game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Basil Fawlty said:
I thought we were really poor in the first half, apart from two good shots from Coxy and Jake. They deserved the lead in the first half, and on another day we could of walked into the dressing room being 3-0 down, with the amount of chances they had.

In the second half we came out with all guns blazing, no surprise really. I thought we gave it 110%, I don't think we did enough to win the game mind you. Because Tranmere where a very physical and a very well organised backline.

I was right in line with the penalty decision, and to me it could of gone either way. Jakey turned his man superbly, but lost control of the ball and that to me could of been the only reason the referee gave him a booking for diving.

We didn't give up trying, espically the chance Jakey had right at the death what went wide. I was totally speechless, espically with Jakey in the form he is in. On another day we could of got a draw, but I think Tranmere did enough to win the game.

Great report Kev. :drink:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yoda said:
Inside info. Fourth official said penalty when Jake was booked for diving. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Every fucker but the ref could see that was a penalty.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I didn't. I thought Jake new the touch past the defender would go out of play and went to ground. That said, my view was no where near as good as that of other posters on here...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Basil Fawlty said:
but I think Tranmere did enough to win the game.
You are joking? Please tell me you are.

Did you actually watch the second half?

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Dissapointed, would have been a perfect Birthday present if we had won yesterday.

Anyway, anyone hear my name get read out :blush:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
queens park pete said:
Jake's miss was flagged offside anyway.

No it wasn't - the lino gave a goal kick.

Think Kev's report above is fair - we could have been 3 down at H/T but in the end were very unlucky not to get a point.

IF we can keeo ALL these players together the future looks OK.

Wish Whing was our player though, and I hope Bowditch starts at Donny instead of Fraser.

For what it's worth, although FDM is a legend, Wilkins picking Hendo was the right decision - he is the better keeper.

As for Lynch - if Mayo had played like that yesterday NSC would have gone into meltdown over such an abject performance.

Otherthings on his mind ? he certainly wasn't at the races yesterday.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I did something tragic on Saturday, on an impulse I called Jason Macateer over at half time and got him to sign my poncho..cheeky get said wrote 1-0 to the Rovers on it!, he did say though that he was impressed with the Albion support though!

We should have had a point out of them, but I have said on here before that I think Tranmere will finish top two...(even though I loathe them)

Anyway great afters at the Brewery Tap.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here