Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Swindon

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Points are vital, more goals to boost goal difference would have been nice. Perhaps they are just saving themselves for Forest!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Points are vital, more goals to boost goal difference would have been nice. Perhaps they are just saving themselves for Forest!

just happy to struggle through and earn 3 points with that make-shift defence, good debut for Racon

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

I'll take the points - we don't seem to be able to win convincingly, at least not often enough, but I guess that's the difference between the top 3 and the playoffs. Bring on Forest!:bounce:

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I don't like to blame the conditions, I prefer to blame the people involved, but firstly I have to say the wind totally ruined the chances of the game being good to watch. It was hard-fought, and on balance Swindon maybe deserved a point, but it's the result that matters at this stage. I don't think the importance of those three points can be undervalued bearing in mind our next two games.

In the first half, I thought we actually played really well going forwards, but looked very shaky at the back. In the second, it was perhaps the opposite. Hart and Mayo didn't let us down, and Lynch was excellent. I also thought Thomson had probably his best game for us. Man of the match though, quite deservedly, was the new chap. What a class act he is. His style reminds me of O'Callaghan's, who I was a great fan of, but he has a little more pace and plays a little further forward. A really good signing on that evidence, and I don't think it's a coincidence Thomson finally looked the part now he's alongside someone skilful.

Any chance we could keep Racon?

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Good result with a disrupted and unsettled side, good lead-in to Forest and Leeds games, giving hope we will take points from them that others wont.

Hope Leeds and Walsall help by playing out a boring draw this evening, nil-nil so far ...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Permanently? I wouldn't have thought so, because I think Charlton paid £430k for him. We're not going to be able to give them that sort of money for him. I guess it depends on what they have planned for him though. If they don't think he's good enough they may have already decided they want rid, but I suspect they're just loaning him to us for experience.

they have him signed on a 4 year contract, one for the future...just sent to us to get some experience I racon

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
That was one of the coldest games I have ever been to.

Was a good'un though. Was very impressed with the new guy, seemed to be very switched on. Gary and Kerry played really well, Kerry especially had a blinder! Thought Forster played well, and Murray was alright, apart from being continually pulled up for being offside (sometimes he was, sometimes not!)

Given Fraser's previous family history, he should be a lot better at throwing a punch, that was the second time i've seen him throw a girly slap at someone!

Diving practice is obviously going well too.

A good result in the end.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BBC gives 56% possession to them - are they all over us then?

probably about right - they had a fair bit of possession, but didnt really test kuipers. infact, they only looked dangerous with our CIRCUS defending in the first 15 minutes from set pieces

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and the baguette that i had at half time was the worse i have ever experienced at withdean - i dont think the bread was even COOKED, thats how doughy it was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here