Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs. McDons Official Thread

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why he didn't play Mocquet tonight i'll never know. He said yesterday on seagulls.co.uk that "if he shows us anything at all" then he will be playing MK. Obviously he want's to go for Brittain instead but it's a real shame Mocquet didn't get a run out. The fact that Mocquet and McBreen didn't get a run out this evening signals to me that they have already left.
It's disappointing to lose friendlies especially 4-1 to a League Two side but it's up to the whole management and coaching staff at the club to make sure the wrongs are put right before the season. A good way to do this would be to sign quite a few players in the next week!

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Signing quite a few players may not be the answer, without having been to the game this evening it is difficult to comment, but it might be better to spend the time before the Rotherham game addressing the problems that led to an embarassing defeat.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
We need a target man, creative central midfielder and a temporary centre back. Just got back from the game and if the team insist on playing the long ball as they did tonight then we desparately need someone to flick it on/hold it up. Hammond was poor tonight IMO, and no-one in the team wanted to take on a man or run at anyone. Poor at best. :nono:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10433~874143,00.html

Albion Beaten By Dons

By Paul Camillin, at The National Hockey Stadium

MK Dons beat Albion 4-1 tonight with goals from Lloyd Dyer (2), Izale McLeod and Clive Platt. Paul Reid grabbed a late consolation for the Seagulls.

With the new season just eight days away Mark McGhee admitted he is a concerned man after seeing his side slump to a disappointing 4-1 defeat at MK Dons this evening.

However, he told seagulls.co.uk he does hope to add up to three new faces ahead of the season's opening match at Rotherham next Saturday.

Martin Allen's side - tipped to be League 2 promotion contenders - took the lead in the first-half as Clive Platt chipped the ball over Wayne Henderson after 33 minutes.

Dons trialist Lloyd Dyer - a half-time substitute - doubled the lead early in the second half, racing through to slot the ball past Michel Kuipers.

Izale McLeod scored in similar fashion to make it 3-0, before the impressive Dyer completed the scoring with a curling free-kick from 20 yards.

Paul Reid gave the one hundred or so Albion fans something to cheer with a late consolation: a low drive from the left that nestled in the bottom right corner of the net.

McGhee said, "I'm very concerned. It wasn't just a case of the young players - who were know are not ready - finding it difficult; it was also about a lot of the experienced players and I was disappointed with a lot of the performances - it's a concern.

"The fact is we're desperately trying to bring in bodies. I have no doubt on Saturday [next week] we will have two maybe even three players in.

"I have said to the players tonight, if players come in people will lose their places in the team; people will lose their places on the bench; and people will end up sitting in the stand.

"If they sit in the stand too long, they'll be out of here. People are putting their futures on the line with performances like that."

The players certainly won't be sitting around tomorrow; they will report for a hastily arranged extra training session at Falmer in the morning.

Albion: Henderson (Kuipers); Hart, Elphick, El-Abd, Reid; Brittain (Loft), Carpenter, Hammond, Frutos (Cox); Kazim-Richards, Robinson (Revell). Subs not used: Gatting, Rents, Breach.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
McGhee said, "I'm very concerned. It wasn't just a case of the young players - who were know are not ready - finding it difficult; it was also about a lot of the experienced players and I was disappointed with a lot of the performances - it's a concern.

:nono: :angry: :censored: FFS! Couldn't you see that at the end of last season McGhee,we could.
There's no more friendlies now, 2 or 3 players are gonna slot straight into that team are they.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don Tmatter said:

:nono: :angry: :censored: FFS! Couldn't you see that at the end of last season McGhee,we could.

Ain't THAT the truth :rolleyes:

Silent Bob said:
Why?

He's the most overrated player since Lee Trundle...

McLeod looked the best player on show, excellent skill and pace - the Dons have done well to hold on to him. Glad we don't have to see him again this season :eek:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kuipers lets in three - although clearly all hendersons fault

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gully said:
Signing quite a few players may not be the answer, without having been to the game this evening it is difficult to comment, but it might be better to spend the time before the Rotherham game addressing the problems that led to an embarassing defeat.

No but signing one who has played some league games maybe an idea.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
MK DONS: Baines, Lewington, Diallo, Morgan(c), McGovern, Mitchell, Platt, Crooks, G Smith, Taylor, Wilbraham. Subs: Edds, Tillen, Chorley, Bankole, Tapp, Dyer, McLeod.

Thats not a great side either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here