Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs England

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I was at Wembley on Saturday and will watch England tonight. I have to say however that the feeling when England scored a goal did not come close to the exhilaration I feel when seeing the Albion score. Am I therefore hypocritical when criticising premier league players for not seeming to give as much to England as they do for their teams? Or should it be one rule for the fans and another for the players??

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I definetely care more about club (as do most), but the qualification matches are a bit of a joke so I don't think it's a fair comparison. When it comes to the World Cup, I will cheer an England goal (if they're in it) probably as much as a Brighton goal, the Qual matches are a bit pedestrian.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I definetely care more about club (as do most), but the qualification matches are a bit of a joke so I don't think it's a fair comparison. When it comes to the World Cup, I will cheer an England goal (if they're in it) probably as much as a Brighton goal, the Qual matches are a bit pedestrian.

Agreed. When we score in qualification it's more relief than anything, because we do still fully expect to qualify.

Mar 12, 2008
I remember going mental when Owen scored a couple in the last few minutes when we beat the Argies 3-2 in 2005. That was a similar feeling to the Albion.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I was at Wembley on Saturday and will watch England tonight. I have to say however that the feeling when England scored a goal did not come close to the exhilaration I feel when seeing the Albion score. Am I therefore hypocritical when criticising premier league players for not seeming to give as much to England as they do for their teams? Or should it be one rule for the fans and another for the players??

I'm the same, a Brighton fan who was at Wembley on Saturday, and I think the feeling in that game was that the goal would come at some point, and that doesn't bring the same reaction. Whereas I very rarely have that level of assurity that Brighton will score and win.

When it comes to crucial qualifier of tournament goals, I think I celebrate England goals with every bit of emotion that I feel for Brighton goals. I was nearly in tears when Stuart Pearce smacked that penalty home in the shoot-out with Spain!

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood

Come on, it was the equivalent of the Albion beating Barnet at home. I wouldn't dare to put myself in the same league as some of the Albion/England fans on here, but among the games following England in the past I have seen us beat the Jocks at Hampden in the Euro 2000 play-offs, and Germany 1-0 in said tournament. On each occasion I celebrated the goals like a mentalist.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I watch both teams home and away, admittedly England only for major tournaments, and I honestly feel equally for both.

I love it when Brighton make me proud of them, and then people start to realise what we're about; Man City, play off final, FA Cup final etc but very often after a special result I am the only person on a high.

With England however in major tournaments everybody is going crazy for the team for a prolonged period of time ( usually until the 1/4 finals) and this is an experience you don't get with Brighton, but that I love.

Hereford was my favourite Brighton moment, followed closely by Palace away, however the next day when I went back to my life out of Brighton no one cared.

I followed England around Germany in '06 and it was great, that feel good factor of the above Brighton victories but en masse and for a long time.

Anyone else here present in Stuttgart when the heavens opened? "on the piss and havin a laugh":drink:

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
It doesn't do it for me, I was in the last Englandfans membership scheme and saw most of the home matches at Wembley and Old Trafford plus a couple of the aways, but I didn't renew. It wasn't about McClaren or that we didn't qualify or whatever, I gave it two years and there was just nothing there.
:albion::albion::albion::albion::albion:

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
No, still lost, is it:

Club before country, obviously, there's no other choice (hence the jester hat as it's so obvious)

OR

Club before country? If that's you then you're a jester! (again, hence the hat)

Which one of the two is it? (it's just i'm not picking up the tone of your voice)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Club before country, obviously, there's no other choice (hence the jester hat as it's so obvious)

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Its just because it was against Kazakhstan. When there is a vital game then i get the same feeling when England score as I get when the Albion score.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
no it's JAMON, and like I said I wasn't after a fight so don't call me soppy bollocks when you know f*** all about me

It's called a joke, maybe you should learn how to take one, instead of baiting for an argument.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
calling me soppy bollocks....a joke....oh yeah I get it now....silly me, sorry, like I said, i'm a bit slow

It's a quote from football factory.
Slow, would be an understatement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here