Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Victory Parade Sun 18th July

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
as someone has already stated we finished 4th in the league.
The last 2 times we won the div,s.

6 weeks after the event is along time to hold it, I sort of feel its de-valuing the parades now, although if we get Falmer there should be one big street party!!!

we had our party at cardiff in front of 30,000 brighton fans!
I will go if only an excuse for an all day piss up!!!

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
:clap2: i don't think people should under estimate how important it is that we get just as many people there on that day as well for falmer.

so what if we finished fourth in the league we are going to div 1 that is something to celebrate and its a good excuse for a day of :drink:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I am worried there will be a really shit turnout, the players won't be interested and we will come out of it looking bad. We had a good party at cardiff and I think it should be left at that. As said above, a couple of times, we weren't champions, we finished fourth. Sorry, have fun if you're going though.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the more i think of it this HAS to be a Falmer related parade as you simply DONT have 4th place/Play Off winners parades, its like Chelsea having a parade for finishing in the Champions League Spot or Torquay having a parade for getting promoted. Its a shit idea and I can see it falling flat on its face UNLESS the club advertise thats its "all in Falmers best interests" then we could see a few thousand people out, but reading on the official site it just seems like a council stint at making themselves look popular.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Dick Knight is hoping Two Jags will have made a decision by then, hence we can celebrate that as well as the play off victory.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
true Edna that would be a case for one helluva street party, but if not and its raining I can see it turning into a farce myself

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Inclined to agree, but let's look on the positive side for now!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It will be a good day out.

It will yet again demonstrate how many fans we have.

It will be an excuse to drink from 9am to closing time.

I cannot wait.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
it will be the day after a pre-season firendly??

also it would be funny to see upto 30000 people cheering and screaming and taking photos of a broken trophy:p

could be a falmer celebration too, maybe the unveiling of a new player possibly?

oh, ill be there too

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see the problem. Winning the promotion final in front of 65,000 people deserves a parade.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We have a trophy, the council are willing to stage it (and show the whingers that they are behind the stadium - which in turn will say something to the Government) and the team deserve it.

I'll be there (after church)

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
It's a pity that the Council weren't so quick to celebrate the County Championship that Sussex won last year. That was a huge achievement and I think it's scandalous that the cricketers didn't get to enjoy parading their trophy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll be there :clap2:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was toying with the idea of coming down for this. However the handbrake cable on my car has just snapped and I can't get it fixed til the 21st, so it is looking unlikely.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Should be a good Sunday,hopefully in the morning then all back to Trotsters for a BBQ in the afternoon and plenty of beer to celebrate,just in time to start planning for next season.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

All wait for your invites from Trotster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here