Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v York City 27.04.96 - video footage from YCTV

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
Why did it need to happen though? I was at the game but couldn't understand why snapping the cross bar was so important? I was in the East Stand surrounded by Palace scum, head butted the guy next to me as they ran on the pitch.

Is that a rhetorical question ? Because if not then I`m amazed you still dont know the answer after all these years. The game had to be abandoned to get maximum publicity for the cause. Without that day I dread to think...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
mixed emotions.

it was possibly one of the 2 or 3 key events in our survival. really took the story of our plight from the insides of the back-pages straight onto the front-page.

but i do remember feeling sad that day because of the number of people who came along for a tear up and nothing more. i may be wrong (usually am!) but it felt on the day that loads of people hijacked the cause for a touch of aggro.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I was a severly pissed off 11 year old thinking I would see a game on my birthday, I went to the game with a couple of mates unaware what was going to happen

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
An amazing day. Our school threatened us with suspension if we were to go to the game.

In hindsight, it was a fabulous day.

I see Topolino were sponsoring the player of the season award, shortly before the Addis family sold it and moved further into town.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That was a funny old afternoon.Didn't really know how i felt.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Yes it was all planned ,meant to be at 3.15 but some Worthing mates kicked it off early!! NO REGRETS it needed to be done......sad but true

3.15 was the supposed time.

We were even telling that to the York fans in the pub, and they all wished us well.

Football united, will never be defeated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here