Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v. Sunderland (Official Thread)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sunderland boss Mick McCarthy will name an unchanged side for the trip to Brighton.

Striker Michael Bridges returns to the squad after missing last weekend's 4-2 victory over Watford with a chest infection, although with Marcus Stewart and Stephen Elliott having formed an impressive partnership in recent weeks and Chris Brown getting his name on the scoresheet alongside Stewart's hat-trick against the Hornets, he will have to wait for his chance.

Wales international midfielder Carl Robinson has a sore foot but is expected to be available to allow McCarthy to field the same 11 men who started last time out.

Winger Liam Lawrence could soon return to to bolster the squad following surgery on his damaged ankle.

The former Mansfield winger, who has not played since December 28, is due to resume full training on Monday and could play for the reserves later in the week as he steps up his comeback.

Brighton midfielder Charlie Oatway will play no part.

The captain serves the final match of a three-game suspension so Alexis Nicolas is likely to deputise alongside Richard Carpenter.

Striker Chris McPhee, who is making good progress from a foot injury came through half-an-hour for the reserves in midweek but is still some way off a first-team comeback.

Goalkeeper Ben Roberts, on his first outing since overcoming a back injury which has kept him out for most of the season, lasted just nine minutes in the same game.

Roberts suffered a freak leg injury following a collision with team-mate Adam Mountford and is likely to be sidelined for eight weeks.

Sporting Life

Who have we got in goal?

Forecast:
I think we woild do well to win 2-1, but with Yelldell and Nicolas it is like giving them a 2-0 lead so:

Albion 2 Sunderland 3

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Listening to Radio 5, the commentator said we are off to Withdean, Brighton's quaint ground, to which the response of the man on the spot was "you may call it quaint, I call it crap", or so it sounded to me...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
CHIPPY!!!!!

1-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here