Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Sheff Utd from Palookaville - Official Match Thread

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
saafend_seagull said:
2 points dropped? were we the better side then?
i think we were

but i'm biased obviously

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Their goal was clearly off-side by 3 or 4 yards.

However, if it hadn't been for Kuipers we could have lost 4-2 again. We were the better team tho IMHO.

Currie was class in the first half - but a bit of a donkey in the second ???

kinkygerbil said:

Shut up with that crap will you and watch his performances.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Eddie the Seagull said:

However, if it hadn't been for Kuipers we could have lost 4-2 again. We were the better team tho IMHO.

we would have scored another goal if it wernt for him? :dunce:

i know what u mean...just couldn't resist though :)

I was right in line with the offside - at least two yards - not close. An astonishing decision. That North Stand linesman shouldn't be let near a football pitch.

Very proud of the Albion today. We were the better team for most of the game, although we did get a bit ragged after their disgraceful non-goal, shame that knocked the stuffing out of us.

The replacements were briliant - hats off to the strength of the squad. Reid recovered from his poor start to the season and was very smooth and efficient at right-back. Oatway as skipper was superb, making loads of excellent passes and winning balls in the air constantly (how does he do that?). Mayo had the hardest job and I can't believe his pairing worked out with Hinsh so well.

Remember, the Blades aren't the two bottom 5 teams we've beaten over the last week, they are a solid mid-table team who should be much better than us.

Instead, our strong midfield shape took control of the game after an uncertain opening ten mins or so. Oatway and Currie were so industrious and Alexis and Hammond not far behind. Leon is a player reborn and it was his brilliant work that made a peach of a goal. He controlled a difficult bouncing ball, turned his marker, burnt his off and then *footballing genius* didn't go head down for goal, but looked up and picked out Currie with a visionary square ball that totally f***ed any covering defence, Currie had forever to pick his spot but did so brilliantly. Wonderful goal, pure football.

We had a few chances to go two up with some wondefful Currie set pieces but 1-0 was probably fair at half-time.

We were less good in the second half and they came back well, not suprisingly they are a decent team. But we were doing well enough to keep them out until the linesman gifted them a goal.

I could get very angry about that, but let's be philosphical. Today we showed we belong in this division because we matched and I think bettered a top ten team of last year. We wil get crap decisions go our way before the season is out.

The goal totally rocked us in a manner a little similar to QPR. The attacking move bringing on Jarrett didn't work, we totally lost our shape and they poured down Jarrett's wing. We were indebted to FDM's improved form to keep it at a point. Jarrett I think showed why we need to be patient with him, he makes things happen sure enough, unfortunately as much for the opposition as us. Again the few chances he got around their penalty area, the end product was next to non-existant, poor final ball, weak shooting, composure lacking near goal. Meanwhile it's like playing with a 3-man midfield he made so little defensive contribution.

A bittersweet way to end a great week or the club, but we have vastly exceeded expectations.

We proved we can play without the Cullip-Butters partnership, and we barely missed Chippy. The Virgo-Knight parnership is not play-off potential but it will get us lower mid-table no problem. And wasn't that the target?

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Piss off LI, the bloke is entitled to his opinion

Who made you God all of a sudden? Twat

He's entitled to his opinion after watching Oatway play. Typical crap from you, I'm not the issue, being fair to our players is the issue.

Dodgy line-o, but I'd have to say we were just slightly lucky to have a point. I say that not on general performance, but the amount of work the respective goalkeepers had to do. Theirs wasn't tested enough in my opinion, and we didn't make any more scoring chances while they progressed to test MK several times.

Once again, the FDM kept us in it and saved that point!!

Our late sub Jarrett beat his man a couple of times on the left wing, but then didn't deliver a good final pass. He needs some practice with his weaker foot perhaps, or confidence in going round the last defender. He might well have made a goal for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here