Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion v Sheff Utd from Palookaville - Official Match Thread

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Bizzarrely there doesn't seem to be one, so I will make it. Team news from the BBC:

Brighton

Kuipers
Reid, Mayo, Hinshelwood, Harding,
Hammond, Nicolas, Oatway, Currie,
Knight, Virgo

Subs: Jones , Jarrett , McPhee , Lynch , May

Sheff Utd

Kenny
Wright, Bromby, Jagielka, Harley,
Quinn, Thirlwell, Tonge, Shaw,
Black, Cadamarteri

Subs: Liddell , Barnes , Forte , Gabrieli , Montgomery

So neither Butters or Chippy have made it, which leaves us with what looks like a terribly cobbled tgather backline. It could be argued that of the back 4 and keeper, only Harding is a first choice in his position.

I feel this could be a tough one, hope I am wrong though

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Team news now confirmed by official site.

Reid Recalled For Blades Clash

Mark McGhee has been forced to reshuffle his pack ahead of this afternoon's visit of Sheffield United. After Danny Cullip's hernia operation earlier this week the captain's armband has been handed to Charlie Oatway, and with Guy Butters still troubled by his calf injury, Kerry Mayo and Paul Reid are recalled to the starting line-up.

Mayo replaces Cullip at centre-back alongside Adam Hinshelwood, while Reid will slot in at right-back. Oatway, who featured in defence_against Nottingham Forest, moves back to his more usual position of central midfield, replacing Richard Carpenter, who suffered a knee injury towards the end of_Wednesday's match.

Nathan Jones returns to the substitute's bench where he will take his place alongside 16-year-old defender Joel Lynch, the latest product of the Albion's blossoming youth set-up.

For the Blades, Neil Warnock hands a debut to midweek signing Danny Cadamateri.

Line Ups

Albion (4-4-2): Kuipers; Reid, Hinshelwood, Mayo, Harding; Hammond, Nicolas, Oatway, Currie; Knight, Virgo. Subs. May (gk), Jones, McPhee, Lynch, Jarrett.

Sheffield United: Kenny, Wright, Jagielka, Cadamateri, Quinn, Harley, Thirwell, Bromby, Tonge, Black, Shaw. Subs: Barnes (gk), Montgomery, Liddell, Forte, Gabrielli.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hmmmm, I'm alittle sceptical about the defence. And would like to see jarret playing on the left with hammond in the middle with nicolas. But im sure oatway will have a fine game. And the defence will prove to be impregnable.

Come on the albion!!!!!!!!

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Remember we've still got two England U21 stars in our defence! :clap2:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My pop up blocker blocks out the link to the live chat room, could someone put a link up please

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Del Boy said:
bit of a dodgy start according to scr

Thats o.k. last time we plyed them at home we had a great start. And then prosser weaved his magic, gave them two pens in the last 5 mins, accused of us being racists and made us lose 4-2. Which is set us up nicely for the next weeks game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here