Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion to Loan Out Quartet

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Brighton are set to loan out their four newest professionals, according to the Argus.

Chris Winterton, Sonny Cobbs, Sam Gargan and Lloyd Skinner will all join non-league Sussex clubs from the beginning of next season.

The quartet of second-year scholars were all recently handed one-year pro contracts at the Withdean.

Loaning them out will mean they experience senior football while Albion save on their wages.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Trigger said:
Sure I read that somewhere YESTERDAY, maybe I dreamt it.

Did a quick search with 'Youth Loan'

What's the thread called ???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I see, I seeeee a funny little man, falling over and before the day is out you will be wozzad

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If you read it today it would have been posted YESTERDAY

The GOLDEN rule of NSC....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you need to add a paragraph slagging off Naylor for it to be truely FIXTURES though.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
non-league is conference!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Why loan them to non-league clubs in Sussex? Why not loan them to Conference teams?

there are good links with the non-league clubs, and it means that martin hinshlewood can get around and see them much more than if they were stuck somewhere up north at a conference club

sussex clubs are far more likely to play them as they know that there is a link between them and the albion. its not neccesceraily about the how good the standard they are playing at is, but toughening them up and getting them used to playing with MEN

and if they are in sussex, it means they can still train with the albion in the week and play for their loan clubs at the weekend

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty Mac said:
there are good links with the non-league clubs, and it means that martin hinshlewood can get around and see them much more than if they were stuck somewhere up north at a conference club

sussex clubs are far more likely to play them as they know that there is a link between them and the albion. its not neccesceraily about the how good the standard they are playing at is, but toughening them up and getting them used to playing with MEN

and if they are in sussex, it means they can still train with the albion in the week and play for their loan clubs at the weekend

Still its a wank level of football though unless they go to Crawley.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Still its a wank level of football though unless they go to Crawley.
Lynch played for Bognor, Cox played for Eastbourne, Hammond played for Orient, they all turned out ok. :thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gary Elphick did for one game. He was being given a trial at Bristol Rovers, last time I heard. Has anyone heard how that has turned out?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yorkie said:
Gary Elphick did for one game. He was being given a trial at Bristol Rovers, last time I heard. Has anyone heard how that has turned out?

He got sent off in each of his first two games at St Albans I think - may have been released at the end of the season.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
He got sent off in each of his first two games at St Albans I think - may have been released at the end of the season.

I heard he got their player and young player of the season award.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:

No St Albans want to keep him but he has got a trial for brentford and bristol rovers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here