Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion thanks fans for Plan-B Assistance

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Climbing the stairs to the west upper i was overtaken by a chap wearing his mask on his left hand as he disappeared i shouted after him " nice to see your hand's protected " , there was no response . Then one flight later a young man late teens and what i guess was his father completely maskless so i said " you didn't get the memo then " , this time the older man responded with " well you are alright ! " . Completely missing the point about mask wearing offering some protection to others as well as yourself . I spoke to a steward about what i had seen and he accepted there was a problem but admitted they had neither the staff numbers nor the authority to do anything about it . So what is the point of plan b if people are still not going to be public spirited enough to do it voluntarily and there is no enforcement. Even if the Brentford game goes ahead maybe the responsible people should give it a miss and let the non mask wearers revel in their independence , although why they just cannot behave themselves is beyond me !
FFS :facepalm: welcome to modern football.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really? That certainly wasn’t the case at the WSU entrance at the South Stand end. Definitely doing Covid checks but not I.D. This was around 7.00 pm by the way.

I used that entrance. They were actively hurrying people along rather than checking passes at the time I arrived.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How well will plan b work if the real attendance is over 30k and e.g. Palace?

But there won't be 30k there.

Thanks to Sky - spit - it's yet another 8pm kick off.
I've been lead to believe most season tickets holders only go to 3pm Saturday kick off.

Which coupled with the fact they can no longer sell on what isn't theirs to sell on, the attendance is likely to be somewhere around 12k.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Palace will be a virtual sell out...yes it's on Sky but Friday night 8pm there will be trains running unlike Boxing day. I expect Palace will take up their full allocation.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Palace will be a virtual sell out...yes it's on Sky but Friday night 8pm there will be trains running unlike Boxing day. I expect Palace will take up their full allocation.
Might be trains probably, 4 car ones no doubt as they can't possibly run anything longer to protect passengers

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But there won't be 30k there.

Thanks to Sky - spit - it's yet another 8pm kick off.
I've been lead to believe most season tickets holders only go to 3pm Saturday kick off.

Which coupled with the fact they can no longer sell on what isn't theirs to sell on, the attendance is likely to be somewhere around 12k.

I'm not sure that 14 January is a day where you spend all of it not working and meeting with friends or family, open the booze at lunchtime and all the public transport goes on strike, but if that's how you roll in the sticks I'm sure someone will have your tickets on the exchange.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can see how the 49% number was arrived at.....on Sunday, we waved Covid passes at the stewards (without any ID). They couldn't have been read it was so fleeting - but the stewards were using their clickers to record us as a 'click' which is presumably a 'pass checked' thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here