Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion-supporting NIMBYs in Newhaven?

There's at least one - as you enter Newhaven on the main road from Peacehaven, there's a house with an Albion penant in the window with an anti-incinerator poster right next to it.

How many other Albion fans are against the plans? The way I see it, the similarities with the Falmer application are uncanny:

The new incinerator is designed to replace the current, woefully inadequate facility.

A full environmental study will have taken place. The thing will be completely safe, and won't create piss rain and stink of shit (not that you'd notice the difference anyway).

The new building will be further away from residential homes than the Falmer stadium.

It will be the second most aesthaetically pleasing thing in the area, behind only the chavvy sluts that hang around at McDonalds and Denton Corner.

Nobody as yet has come up with a plausible alternative site. (My choice would be to bung all the rubbish on boats and send it to France.)

Above all, Newhaven is already a f***ing DUMP, so is there anywhere MORE suited?

Actually, doesn't Newhaven come under Lewes District Council? Ban them all for LIFE. :angry:

jessica mepham

Aug 23, 2005
newhaven
Thats my flat you are talking about and dont really see what point your making?If you think the incinerator is such a good idea maybe you would like it on your doorstep to breathe in some "safe" gases, im sure then you might be aganist it?I wish the Lewes council would spend my money on the fight to stop the incinerator coming here then waste it on fighting Falmer.As albion fans we spend alot of time playing politics and the incinerator issue is just that!please dont compare newhaven people to falmer people!Im sure Eastbourne has is own issues and as Albion fans we really should stick together!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There speaks Jessie the voice of reason.

Shut you up for once Safeway :lolol:

jessica mepham said:
Thats my flat you are talking about and dont really see what point your making?If you think the incinerator is such a good idea maybe you would like it on your doorstep to breathe in some "safe" gases, im sure then you might be aganist it?I wish the Lewes council would spend my money on the fight to stop the incinerator coming here then waste it on fighting Falmer.As albion fans we spend alot of time playing politics and the incinerator issue is just that!please dont compare newhaven people to falmer people!Im sure Eastbourne has is own issues and as Albion fans we really should stick together!

Fair enough, was just making an observation. I'm sure the gasses released from the incinerator will be no worse than from the cows in the fields over the road. It's not like you can smell dead BODIES at crematoria.

Do us a favour, though. Leave your curtains open so I can have a peak when I next pass on the number 12. :thumbsup:

jessica mepham

Aug 23, 2005
newhaven
I dont think so if thats your opion on newhaven folks i'll be closing the curtains earlier! Wouldnt want you Eastbourne pensioners getting too excited!!!!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Peak practice?

Safeway said:
Do us a favour, though. Leave your curtains open so I can have a peak when I next pass on the number 12. :thumbsup:
If you have a peak, such gross loss of self-control on public transport might resut in arrest. Now, a peek would be an entirely different reason for arrest...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm quite happy with the incinerator as I lived within a mile of the one at Huddersfield for 9 years.

They don't smell and you don't get awful smoke coming out of them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Btw my husband suffers severe asthma and the incinerator at Huddersfield didn't affect him at all.

jessica mepham

Aug 23, 2005
newhaven
Im more worried about the gases, you never know what harm there will do till its too late, and I would much rather the Lewes council spend our dosh on fighting that then the Albion appeal, we no theres no health risk watching the albion!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jessica mepham said:
Im more worried about the gases, you never know what harm there will do till its too late, and I would much rather the Lewes council spend our dosh on fighting that then the Albion appeal, we no theres no health risk watching the albion!

What gases?
What harm?

If you live on Brighton road you are getting a lot more fumes and gases from all the traffic driving past every day. That is far more harmful than an incinerator.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here