Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Single

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Great idea. Couldn't FBS do a mix of all the footie anthems and include Sussex by the Sea" A stomper might do well in the clubs.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Could be done easy with funding. We would have to almost GIVE them away tho.

We want to shift loads, to make a point. Making money wouldn't come into it.

I recon we could shift 23,000. it'd be hard but could be done.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Norman Cook has said he will never remix GOSBTS because he hates every footy song ever apart from World in Motion and 3 Lions.

Perhaps a special 'non football' song but with proceeds going to Falmer fund?

chicken run said:
I'm told the current uk no.1 sold a mere 23,000 copies to get to no.1 this week, why dont the Albion get together with Skint and put together a track, I know we could sell 23,000, what better publicity for Falmer than to have a number one record.

discuss

Strictly speaking, it sold 23,000 copies in the chart shops. It will have sold more elsewhere. To ensure that any single would register on the charts, you would need to make sure that you only bought it in those shops which means (a) leaving your favourite local, independent record shop (or the club shop, for that matter) out in the cold on this one, and (b) you having to find out which shops are the chart shops (although a quick ring around would solve that).

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
3gulls said:
Why would I want to buy FBS's sh*te? :eek:

to promote the Falmer Stadium issue nationwide?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
This is a fantastic idea. If everyone who went to Cardiff buys one it'd be a number 1 and if it was actually a good tune then it would sell even more.

I don't know anyone who can't afford the £1.99 it costs to buy a cd single. And just how many registered NSC users are there?

Has anyone mailed Skint/Fatboy Slim yet?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have emailed the club and skint as yet no reply, talk sport released a track last year and made the charts thru tele/internet sales I know we could do it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If FBS remixed WIM I'd buy it, even if it is an England song. I actually have a copy of 2002 rerelease already :blush: :blush:

Its been "sanitised" by being wrapped in a tricolour before being fecked in a drawer though. Being a New Order fan I felt obligated to buy it...

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
This has been done before, Yeovil Town did it last year. With a release limited to the Yeovil area they got to number 35 in charts. Even Lincoln City have made the Top 75.

Last edited:

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Bluejuice said:
This is a fantastic idea. If everyone who went to Cardiff buys one it'd be a number 1 and if it was actually a good tune then it would sell even more.

I don't know anyone who can't afford the £1.99 it costs to buy a cd single. And just how many registered NSC users are there?

Has anyone mailed Skint/Fatboy Slim yet?

Don't think everyone on NSC would buy one. Might hit lower reached of charts if everyone bought it in the first week of release, but I doubt it.
FBS, with his nationwide fanbase, didn't hit No.1 with first single off Palookaville.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Maybe we should rope in The Piranhas if they're still going to re-release Tom Hark. Everyone's singing it anyway.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
look, fatboy slim helps the club out. He isnt though, going to 'remix GOSBTS' because he is a DJ who loves football. Not a footbal fan who loves being a DJ.

He cannot cross the two!

Steph

Jul 26, 2004
Bognor
What about releasing something as a download. Radio 1 have just started doing the download chart, surely it would be easier to chart on that and you wouldn't have to produce a load of CDs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here