Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign Thomson

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
From what I've heard, sound like he can be a very useful signing for us, and if nothing else will offer some experience, which will doubtless help our young players. Of course, time will tell just how useful he is to us from a playing POV, but that's a risk you take with any new signing and he seems to have the kind of track record to suggest this is a good'un.

I think Dick/Dean and whoever else has done the work to get this one through have done well, and should be given credit as such.

Falkirk are my local SPL team, and I follow their news and results (and get to the odd game). They're playing some good, creative football this season, and I am well pleased with this bit of business.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Sounds really decent. Apart from Whing, I can't remember the last time I was this impressed with a permanent signing. I even had my doubts about Forster, even though I think he's PHENOMENAL now. This guy sounds just what we need. A central midfielder with a bit of class and experience. Also, and just as importantly for me, he's been captain at Falkirk and Peterborough, and one of my biggest criticisms of our squad is that we lack a leader. In time, give Mr Thomson the armband I say.

I'd like to point out that he was absolute garbage while at Posh and we snatched at Falkirk's offer to take him off us.

I'd like to point out he was absolute garbage, but in truth he was a bloody good midfielder - solid in the tackle and always looking to bring in other players and I was gutted when he went to Falkirk.

A good piece of business I would suggest.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sounds really decent. Apart from Whing, I can't remember the last time I was this impressed with a permanent signing. I even had my doubts about Forster, even though I think he's PHENOMENAL now. This guy sounds just what we need. A central midfielder with a bit of class and experience. Also, and just as importantly for me, he's been captain at Falkirk and Peterborough, and one of my biggest criticisms of our squad is that we lack a leader. In time, give Mr Thomson the armband I say.

I reckon he's the best midfield signing we've made since we signed Paul Rogers from Wigan.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Good news, now we need to strengthen the Left back position and maybe another striker to partner Nicky. Then we'll be sorted. :clap2:

We've Already Got A Striker That's The Envy Of Everyone In League One. When Are You Muppets Going To Realise That Nathan Elder Is The Business?

He Played One Bad Game In A Mickey Mouse Cup And You've All Written Him Off But Recently He Has Proven That When That Dickhead Of A Manager Gives Him A Chance That He Can Win Games.

Play A 4-5-1 Formation With Nathan As The Lone Striker Upfront And We'll Be Scoring For Fun. For f***'s Sake, Even A 3 Year Old Can See That Tactic Is A Winner.

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
We've Already Got A Striker That's The Envy Of Everyone In League One. When Are You Muppets Going To Realise That Nathan Elder Is The Business?

He Played One Bad Game In A Mickey Mouse Cup And You've All Written Him Off But Recently He Has Proven That When That Dickhead Of A Manager Gives Him A Chance That He Can Win Games.

Play A 4-5-1 Formation With Nathan As The Lone Striker Upfront And We'll Be Scoring For Fun. For f***'s Sake, Even A 3 Year Old Can See That Tactic Is A Winner.

Dickhead of a manager? 4-5-1 Elder on his own? whats the next suggestion? Forster in goal and re-appointing Jeff Wood or Hinshelwood as manager!!
Wilkins has a team looking at the play-offs and playing attractive football when its not one of those days!!
Come on mate give him some respect!! he did'nt buy Turienzo or Malango, he has'nt lost 12 games on the trot, he has'nt lost the confidence of the team(Oldham) and he has been able to attract a Captain of a SPL team who had a strong season!!
We r in safe hands!!!!!!!1

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Asked about him to my friend who happens to be Graham Barrett's nephew and he told me that when Graham talked to him he said that Steve was a very good captain.

My friend (Arsenal fan) replied with, "who the f*** is Steve?"

Captain for when Hammond's suspended? or too soon?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
FalmerForAll is NSC's resident 3-year-old (sorry Matt ;) ), and he seems to disagree with you Mr Mar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here