Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign Inigo Calderon

Can't believe some "fans" are moaning about him off before he's even played a game. - How about they try supporting the club for once and give him a chance before just writing him off or just Fcuk off to a different team if that proves impossible for you to do.

Agreed, some fans are never happy and expect unrealistic transfer acquisitions at the level we are currently playing it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What we absolutely do not want is an Albion team full of bloody foreigners a la Arsenal or Pompey.

We already have two foreign goalies and a foreigner as a manager. Enough already!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What we absolutely do not want is an Albion team full of bloody foreigners a la Arsenal or Pompey.

We already have two foreign goalies and a foreigner as a manager. Enough already!

If they improve the level that we play at I dont care where they come from.

If we relied only on home grown players we would be in the Conference, who gets slated on here most Cox Virgo and El Abd end of argument.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
This has certainly got eveyone fired up - I'm going down the Billy Mumfry road of cock eyed optimism on this one, if he's good enough for Gus then for now he's good enough for me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Simply if you had a choice between Whing and Calderon who would you choose ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Do you think he's a descendant of 17th century Spanish dramatist Pedro Calderon? He wrote a play called Devotion to the Cross - which sounds like a perfect motto for an overlapping full-back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Would be interesting to know what standard 2nd tier of Spanish football is? Is it akin to say our 2nd tier or even 3rd tier.

Calderon has played nearly all his football in Spains 2nd tier, so some indication of Spanish football lower league standrad would be helpful in knowing whether he will be any good or not. Having said that time will tell.

I for one wish him all the best.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What we need are TRIED and TESTED English players.

CAULDRON indeed. :angry: :angry: :angry:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I agree with the first part of your post. I would hate it if Brighton was a team of foreigners like Arsenal. However, I do think that the diversity added by a number of foreign players (largely flair) is a good thing. Only one keeper can be played at a time, so there is still plent of scope for further foreign players without creating a team of foreigners.

The thing I find interesting about this signing is not only the fact that he is a defender (where we are obviously poor) but that he was a Captain for another club.

In my opinion the biggest problem we have had over recent years is the lack of "leaders" on the pitch, and we only have gobbey petulant kids like Cox. Hopefully, this guy will be a leader on the pitch.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Would be interesting to know what standard 2nd tier of Spanish football is? Is it akin to say our 2nd tier or even 3rd tier.

Calderon has played nearly all his football in Spains 2nd tier, so some indication of Spanish football lower league standrad would be helpful in knowing whether he will be any good or not. Having said that time will tell.

I for one wish him all the best.

it could be described as shithouse

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If they improve the level that we play at I dont care where they come from.

If we relied only on home grown players we would be in the Conference, who gets slated on here most Cox Virgo and El Abd end of argument.

One proper local, a JOCK, and a flippin EGYPTIAN!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember him. Wasn't he a sprint champion or something like that? He came on as sub in a first team game at the goldstone and was extremely quick, but not very skilful. May be wrong tho.

Used to go and watch the reserves all the time back then. He played up front with TINY David Gipp. Both showed promise but came to nowt.

Another regular at the same time was the almost-as-tiny Ian Muir, who scored loads but never got a proper first team chance, and subsequently became Tranmere's record goalscorer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here