Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion set to bring in Leeds loan signing

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
yes, because he has signed LOADS of players from leeds :shootself:

Although....

Albion chairman Dick Knight said, "I'm pleased to have done this deal with Leeds. Ken Bates and chief-executive Shaun Harvey have been very helpful in negotiations to get the player here. Ian Westlake will add quality and experience to our midfield and he comes at a crucial time in our season."

Good old Dick! Contacts up and down the country, and he makes the most of them. :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Why have Leeds loaned us a player when, from their point of view, we're a play-off rival? Either a) they're mad, or b) he's shit.

same as why they leant alan thompson to hartlepool i imagine - we have a lot of games coming up against teams that are battling not only us, but them for the play offs. if he can help us gain points on their rivals, it is beneficial not just to us but also to them

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
same as why they leant alan thompson to hartlepool i imagine - we have a lot of games coming up against teams that are battling not only us, but them for the play offs. if he can help us gain points on their rivals, it is beneficial not just to us but also to them

Quite. I think we are playing eight out of the top twelve in the final leg of the season and Leeds have only four of them.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hartlepool are struggling though, so Alan Thompson playing well for them was only ever a positive for Leeds. In theory, we can still easily finish above Leeds, and if Westlake helps us do that then you have to wonder if they've made a mistake.

i dont think they would have taken the decision lightly. we CAN finish above leeds, but i imagine they have looked at their run in and looked at us, and come to the conclusion it is UNLIKELY we can do so - especially as we still have to play them, and i would imagine they have inserted a clause whereby we cant play him in that game

throw in the fact that, as has been posted elsewhere in this thread, he is ludicrously far down their pecking order for midfield players, and they probably feel that they can afford to lose him to us. can only hope it proves to be a mistake on their part

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
also, the fact that they are willing to loan him to one of their potential play off rivals for the run in also indicates mccalister obviosuly doesnt think much of him and he is not part of their plans for the future - which could bode well if he impresses for a more permanent deal in the summer

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
If he is a good signing would Leeds be prepared to let him go, they need every decent player to ensure promotion,besides we dont use midfielders that much as the balls fly high from defence to the forwards.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Why have Leeds loaned us a player when, from their point of view, we're a play-off rival? Either a) they're mad, or b) he's shit.

i would quite like to be proven wrong and given who you are playing while he is with you lot especially so. but he is really not that wonderfurl. no idea if he is better than what you have already - bvut our midfield is utter shite went to watch my kid play yesterday and the under 18s out there would do a better job,

westlake is hardworking shite. but shite is shite nbo matter what it does.

still. if he stops the other four gaining points itll do.

he has been at least 8th choice at leeds behind a bunch of cripples, kings fools and imbeciles.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
has anything at leeds been a good deal in the last twelve years?

oh. rio. that is all i think.

asshats the lot of them.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton

I think option "a" is the more likely one.

He has a good track record at Championship level, including over 100 apps for Ipswich. That also includes a handful of goals from midfield. And he was also their player of the year in 2004.

He seems quite out of favour at Elland Road at the moment, in fact I don't think he has played in about a month. But it seems as if that is their loss, after all they are hardly "in form" are they??

Maybe Gary McCallister just doesn't like/rate him??

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
The youtube clip clearly shows he is capable, and those goals were at championship level. Maybe he just needs to find a club where he feels comfortable again and hopefully we can be the club to help him realise his potential once again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leeds are not exactly known for being flush, so they're getting someone off the wage bill for a period who is unlikely to be used by the manager.

Makes financial sense, surprisingly for LUFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here