Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion set to bring in Leeds loan signing

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
Albion have lined up a loan swoop for Leeds United midfielder Ian Westlake.

The Seagulls are poised to land the 24-year-old for a month.

Westlake, who featured for Leeds at Withdean earlier in the season, will become the fourth Ipswich player past and present in Albion's ranks, joining Nicky Forster plus on-loan pair Matt Richards and Dean Bowditch.

Westlake was at Portman Road for four years before joining Leeds in August 2006.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Centre mid from what i remember. He is very useful

He is? Our midfield is woeful and he is perhaps the most woeful of the lot. Hasn't started since early Jan and has been on the picth for one minute since.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Albion have lined up a loan swoop for Leeds United midfielder Ian Westlake.

The Seagulls are poised to land the 24-year-old for a month.

Westlake, who featured for Leeds at Withdean earlier in the season, will become the fourth Ipswich player past and present in Albion's ranks, joining Nicky Forster plus on-loan pair Matt Richards and Dean Bowditch.

Westlake was at Portman Road for four years before joining Leeds in August 2006.

_40644004_hpsauce_web203.jpg
?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
A good signing by all accounts. Btw I saw an article on SSN about him a cople of years ago. He is supposed to be a really good swimmer apparently. Not that anyones interested! lol:D

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Presume he wont be playing at Elland Road for us against them in a couple of weeks time then!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
He was regarded as the dog's bollocks a few years back when he was at ipswich. As Badger says, he can't not be an improvement on our current lot. Once again showing the chairman/manager's intentions of getting us promoted this season:clap:

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I've just read he was part of the exchange deal that took Harding to Ipswich. "He lost his starting place to Seb Carole"...
Hmmm. Oh well a fresh face and all that, and competition for places is always good.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
It's on the Argus website so there must be some truth in it. :jester:

If it does happen it'd be a great signing. Saw him play for Ipswich on several ocassions cos a friend of mine is a fan and I have to say he always looked the part - I'm shocked he is out of favour at Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here