Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion set to bid for Currie?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
least he can solve our crap corners, most of them never seem to get beyond the front post

and with our Ipswich players wanting to go back ( esp with new owners) having someone to cross the ball will be a help

Please no. We'll be watching the Albion wasting loads of time trying to get bodies into the box so Currie can pass the ball over, straight to the opposition's keeper and launch an attack against us - with 'Ruby' strolling back.

Cox is better than Currie.
Some of you lot have no CLUE what you are on about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please no. We'll be watching the Albion wasting loads of time trying to get bodies into the box so Currie can pass the ball over, straight to the opposition's keeper and launch an attack against us - with 'Ruby' strolling back.

Cox is better than Currie.

Were you here and watching when he played for us? You sound like you weren't.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
least he can solve our crap corners, most of them never seem to get beyond the front post

Or the ones that sail off to the back post, where it is clinically proven we cannot ever put a man.

Or those ones that go so high then they come straight down, their keeper just has to stand underneath and catch it, safe in the knowledge that any challenge from our strikers will result in a free kick.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
suspect wilkins would welcome someone with a bit of age and experience - there is still a long way to go and we could just as easily finish where we did last year as in a play off spot.

If he was available because Luton can't pay his wages I would definitely take him - not sure I would pay too much but suspect that mightnt be an issue with the PFA involved.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
and with our Ipswich players wanting to go back ( esp with new owners) having someone to cross the ball will be a help
Why would new owners make it more likely they will go back? If anything that makes it more likely they are available as Ipswich will have money to bring players in. :)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why would new owners make it more likely they will go back? If anything that makes it more likely they are available as Ipswich will have money to bring players in. :)

I would have thought to show their faces really.

Bloke at work, Ipswich STH recons Richards will definately stay as most of them recon he will come good, but OCallahan has far too many players in his position, and they think his temper is a liability( as we found out a week ago)....

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He's just too damned slow.

I know he can pass a ball, but my Mum's quicker over 10 yards than Currie, and she's been dead for 18 months!!

Not a good move in my opinion, would much rather we work on Cox's distribution than buy another 30-something.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I notice there's no quote from anyone associated with the Albion in that story. Hmmm.

If we didn't have Dean Cox, I'd say get him in. But we do, so there's no need.

Though we could have Cox & Currie on the wings. Least Currie would get a decent ball into the box more often than Robinson does.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's just too damned slow.

I know he can pass a ball, but my Mum's quicker over 10 yards than Currie, and she's been dead for 18 months!!

Not a good move in my opinion, would much rather we work on Cox's distribution than buy another 30-something.

Firstly, no-one mentioned BUYING him. If Luton are not paying him, he can walk.

Secondly, like say, Teddy Sheringham, Currie has never been blessed with any pace. Whilst this is an issue throughout his career, it ends up perversly prolonging it, as he has a style of play entirely non-reliant on it.

Imagine Jake Robinson, for example, with no pace. What are you left with?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

i found that quite ironic coming from a man who thinks el abd should be one of the first names on the team sheet :lolol:

On the evidence he showed against us a few weeks ago he would be a very useful addition.

His deadball delivery is second to none, dangerous at free kicks around the box and terriffic passer of the ball.

OK he's not the quickest but neither of Cox's 'assist's on Saturday were created by pace.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Currie would be an excellent addition to the squad and, having been here before, could slot right in.

It's all very well having a young side but they need decent pros in the squad to learn from. Cox and Robinson will improve if they train day to day alongside Currie.

There's no doubt the winter will take its toll and we'll pick up some injuries, so this is a great idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here