Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Roar - 10th April

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Guys,

Just to say this was an outstanding program and the best yet.

A legendary Albion journalist with great knowledge and a superb speaker, so good I am going to listen again in case I missed anything.

Well done and many thanks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Guys,

Just to say this was an outstanding program and the best yet.

A legendary Albion journalist with great knowledge and a superb speaker, so good I am going to listen again in case I missed anything.

Well done and many thanks

Blimey possibly the first time I've disagreed with Beachy.

This is going to be quite tough to write, as I'm a recent convert to Roar, and in the main I love it.
I think it was The Andy Rollings edition (like I say late bloomer), that hooked me in.
But since then it seems that every other week we have more stories of 'the good old days'.
I do understand that you can't fill an hour, weekly just on the here and now, no matter how exciting it is. We do have a great history, but I found myself tiring of JV, as it felt like 'here we go again'.
Last weeks Roar was great, plenty on the previous game, inc all the post match interviews, a preview of the forthcoming match and a really interesting in depth look at the community work.

Once again, I know all shows can't be like that, but it does feel biased towards the past, instead of the future, esp now we finally have one.

Just to reiterate I do really enjoy many aspects of the show, so please take what I say as something coming from a position of respect, not bitchin' for the sake of 'oh look at me'.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

This is going to be quite tough to write, as I'm a recent convert to Roar, and in the main I love it.
I think it was The Andy Rollings edition (like I say late bloomer), that hooked me in.
But since then it seems that every other week we have more stories of 'the good old days'.
I do understand that you can't fill an hour, weekly just on the here and now, no matter how exciting it is. We do have a great history, but I found myself tiring of JV, as it felt like 'here we go again'.
Last weeks Roar was great, plenty on the previous game, inc all the post match interviews, a preview of the forthcoming match and a really interesting in depth look at the community work.

Once again, I know all shows can't be like that, but it does feel biased towards the past, instead of the future, esp now we finally have one.

Just to reiterate I do really enjoy many aspects of the show, so please take what I say as something coming from a position of respect, not bitchin' for the sake of 'oh look at me'.

Can't say I agree with you. Even so, hats off for the respectful way you've shared your view.

I personally love the programmes featuring Andy Rollings, Peter Ward, Chris Cattlin and John Vinicombe. To me, those are the outstanding shows of the past year. Hearing Vinicombe describe the idiosyncrasies of Archie Macaulay, Pat Saward and Freddie Goodwin was illuminating.

Yes, the Albion have a present and future. However, I think that's given ample space on the regular show. It's not as if the retro-themed shows are every other show. To me, it seems that the balance that has been struck is right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Well let's agree on this then:

Midsomer Murders tonight :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deffo, although I reckon I'll be asleep, by 9.
So tell me how it finishes. :lol:

***Plot spoiler***
There's skimpy nightie's in this one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Deffo, although I reckon I'll be asleep, by 9.
So tell me how it finishes. :lol:

***Plot spoiler***
There's skimpy nightie's in this one.

Excellent sometimes you get a rack shown after 9, should be good

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
kettle on, tea made.
You'll have to talk me through the rack, too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
kettle on, tea made.
You'll have to talk me through the rack, too.

On the digi-box so will start watching around 2030 as meal to make and watch some of the Spuds game.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone who has that many memories and fond reminiscencies will always, for me, be part of Albion's future.

However, just for Stat Brother and to show how in tune to the future we are on The Albion Roar, we are going to Adam El-Abd's Testimonial Dinner speeches on next week's show.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone who has that many memories and fond reminiscencies will always, for me, be part of Albion's future.
As they should be, don't get me wrong I'm not some 1963 denier!.
I just felt through the JV interview 'haven't we been here before', which is a shame as I was very much looking forward to it.

It's funny I still feel the need to say:-
'Don't get me wrong I do love the show, and will now always listen'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here