Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion RIP

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have sent off a letter to Prescott, but it has done nothing to lift the feeling of utter despondency and depression.

Last season we were playing at, and aspiring to, places stadia such as Derby, Reading, Ipswich etc. All had great facilities and gave us hope.

Trying to be positive and keep the faith, but the gloom is like a cancer, growing and eating me up inside

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Having just read the Seagulls mailing list, I feel slightly less gloomy. Someone reminded us that Prescott, only recently, rejected his inspector's recommendations on animal research labs at Cambridge.

Sorry Prezza has a track record of not rubber-stamping inspectors' findings.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
That's what we need Gwylan - HOPE. Let's make this the biggest protest ever. We HAVE to have a march at Wycombe - we have to hit the media over the next few days.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gwylan said:
Having just read the Seagulls mailing list, I feel slightly less gloomy. Someone reminded us that Prescott, only recently, rejected his inspector's recommendations on animal research labs at Cambridge.

Sorry Prezza has a track record of not rubber-stamping inspectors' findings.

I am fairly sure he went against an inspector's findings last year re an asylum seekers place. The inspector sided with the NIMBY's.

JP seems to take in the bigger political picture.

Keep hoping folks and those who believe PRAY

We're not dead yet.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hopefully being a politician and an unpopular Labour government having two marginal seats might make him think carefully

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Judging by all the posts here it seems that Prescott's office will be flooded with letters over the next few days. Surely this will have some influence on his decision. I don't think all hope is lost...yet.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
The worst thing is the players we will lose if Falmer is rejected/delayed for however long, and who could blame them.

Cullip would definitely be out the door, he was quoted recently as saying the new stadium would be a great lift, would be gutting if it didnt happen

Cant see Knight here either as hes ambitious and can play on a bigger stage. Would be a real kick in the teeth for everyone involved, IT CANT HAPPEN :angry:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i think most people assumed we would get it, which was never the case i did say it would be a closer decision than people made out.

houses or ground is what prescott is thinking

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Is it me or is it only the actual fans who want the stadium? No one else really seems to give two hoots.

It's a damn shame, that half of Sussex doesn't seem to care reckon more of the County would be up in arms if Man United or Chelsea were being ousted out of a new stadium or something.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Goring Gull said:
Is it me or is it only the actual fans who want the stadium? No one else really seems to give two hoots.

It's a damn shame, that half of Sussex doesn't seem to care reckon more of the County would be up in arms if Man United or Chelsea were being ousted out of a new stadium or something.

why should they?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I look at how easy it's been for Arsenal to get a new stadium approved in London - and it just makes me so depressed with the whole thing.

I'll do a letter tonight, and hopefully the gloom will lift in some way.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Duncan H said:
I look at how easy it's been for Arsenal to get a new stadium approved in London - and it just makes me so depressed with the whole thing.

I'll do a letter tonight, and hopefully the gloom will lift in some way.

didnt think it was that easy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here