Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Reserves 0 Crawley 2

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Albion lose 2-0 in crawley in the opening game of the Pontin's Holiday Combination. McPhee missed a penalty. A match report of the game can be found here.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I though Hart and Molango played quite well. I didn't think Jarrett was our best player, allthough he probably deserves a 7 rather than a 6 for my player ratings. I thought May was, allthough he let in 2 goals he made a few great saves.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Desert Orchid said:
Jake had a couple of chances but is clearly not match sharp - not surprising as he has played only one full match for any Albion team since August 14th. He needs games - first team, reserves or youth team - and I'm afraid it may be time for him to consider other options if he doesn't get them here.

Am I the only person getting sick of listening to you bang on about Jake Robinson? I dont know if youre a relative of something? The boy is 17 and in a Championship side fisrt team squad, that is pretty impressive and he would be nowhere near first team action at ANY other club at this level. Get a reality check, Jake will not be a complete player untill hes at least 19, he has undoubted talent but has the Physique of a Boy!

You keep putting down Gary Hart, im not sure why, I think Gary still has something to offer as a squad player and was the best man on the pitch in stripes when he came on in the Swindon play off 2nd leg. He is good cover for Currie.

What the hell do you expect from Mcphee in his 2nd run out for months??? The bloke has missed an entire pre season! Jesus.
:angry: :angry:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
i think he should, he looked great in the win aaint worthing last week. tonight he just had an average game, but didn't play that badly.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Out of interest does anyone know the capacity of the Broadfield stadium?

It's a nice little ground isn't it?

Oct 5, 2003
goes to show Crawley are on the climb up and Albion on the slide down. Maybe worth a trip to the Broadfield in Oct when England thrash the Sheep as I belive Crawley ko at 12 midday to avoid the sheep shearing

Greg (CTFC)

Feb 20, 2004
Wasn't at the game tonight though - for the record, the Crawley team consisted of 4 players who are likely to be in our first choice 16 (though they would be the 4 on the bench) - Hemsley, Judge, Marney and Tait.

Manuella and Traynor are probably choices 17 and 18 right now, with Mark Fox (who saved the penalty) and Joe Keehan from the Youth team, and the other 3 from last years Surburban League Reserve team.

The capacity at the Broadfield is 4,996, though I think that must be based on home fans only (i.e. no segregation), as we had 4,600 odd v Weymouth last year and it looked pretty full to me.

Anyhow, good to see you guys doing well in Div1 or whatever it's called these days - as someone has mentioned, our game against Northwich on the 9th October is now at 12 midday - for any fans keen to see a game that may be unable to follow Brighton away - a few dates:

11th Sept (you're at Watford) Home v York
25th Sept (you're at Gillingham) Home v Forest Green Rovers
5th Oct (a Tuesday 7.45) Home v Farnborough Town
9th Oct 12pm Home v Northwich

Good luck for the rest of the season. Cheers.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
seagulls4ever said:
Albion lose 2-0 in crawley in the opening game of the Pontin's Holiday Combination. McPhee missed a penalty. A match report of the game can be found here.
HA HA HA Crawley your my heroes

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It's a reserve game with 3 BHA players coming back from injury... result REALLY not that important...

Personally, I would play Chippy at Watford, alongside Nicolas... and, possibly, McPhee up front, with Virgo dropping back to central defence in place of the steady Butters... or full-back in place of the excellent El-Abd...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Albion Reserves 0 Crawley 2

3gulls said:
Yer! you any lots of other Palarse scum!:lolol:
Scum isn`t that found on Brighton shores.
You lot keep refering to Palarse, Brighton and arses are a match made in heaven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here