Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion report £891,000 losses and face £347,000 tax bill from sale of Goldstone

I really can't be bothered to read through 6 pages of this, but I was astonished to see reference to a reduction in income being linked to the collapse of ITV Digital in the paper.
I thought at the time Mr Knight had stated at no time had they assumed they would get that money and had therefore cut their cloth accordingly... so how is it now a factor in us losing money (...that we never had?!..) - Sorry if this point was made before

coach03 said:
I really can't be bothered to read through 6 pages of this, but I was astonished to see reference to a reduction in income being linked to the collapse of ITV Digital in the paper.
The reduction in TV income is attributable to the fact that second division clubs get less of it anyway.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Teams like Colchester and Wrexham get smaller attendances than us and presumably pay less to get in.

The losses are understandable due to Withdean development and the Falmer planning application.

However the claim that we need more seats? Take away the cost of a stadium application and put Withdean development in the past.

Uh, surely we get a higher income from gate reciepts than some other clubs?

Surely without the Withdean cost and Falmer costs we would be making profit?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It's all leading to fireworks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
London Irish said:
A small point, but I thought player valuations do appear on the balance sheet, the valuation set by the transfer fee you paid, I forget what that was for Zamora, £100K?, and then that amount is written off with depreciation every year in the profit and loss account over the lifetime of the contract.

It's all accountancy ruses really, eg. Beckham wouldn't have appeared on ManU's balance sheet because no transfer fee was paid for him but that useless heap of shite Veron would have because of the amount they lashed out on him.

I imagine the £96k in intangible fixed assets is made up of the bits of the transfer fees for the likes of Cullip and co. that haven't yet been fully depreciated, or in accountancy jargon, amortised.

Correct, internally generated intangible assets, such as Jake Robinson, cannot be capitalised because there is no homogeneous market for them with an agreed value. (it is the cost of the player registration that is capitalised, not the player himself), Because there is not a price list for a Jake Robinson or Michael Owen they do not appear on the balance sheet. However where the price is known e.g Emile Heskey and Geoff Pitcher, the contract is then capitalised and amortised over the contract term. In the case of both Heskey and Pitcher an impaiirment review should have taken place IMO well before now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here