Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion related injuries you have sustained

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Broke my right ankle at Gillingham think it was a 4-4 draw against Colchester on a boxing day ... celebrated a goal ankle twisted on the edge of the terracing and snapped in 2-places ... thought at the time it was just bruising then went to the hosp on the 27th dec and proceeded to have the next 10 weeks of work ... the doctor wasn't very impressed that i had left it 24hrs .... oh joy

It wasn't an injury to me, but it was what I done to my dad!!

We were at the 1983 Cup Final against Manchester United, my dad had been waiting for this day for years!!!! Unfortunately, I was waving my Brighton flag, like you do when all of a sudden I accidentally poked my flag into my dads eye, knocking his contact lens out!!!!! I don't think he saw the game very well, bless him!!!

I don't think he has forgiven me to this day!!!!! :shrug:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
A policeman once 'clipped me round the ear' after I stuck two fingers up at Micky Quinn after he scored a penalty for pompey in front of the Northstand at the Goldstone. In my defence Quinn started it by giving a double F-off to us first. I wasn't actually injured and I guess I fully deserved the 'on-the-spot-fine' from Sussex Police. :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Absolutely. The one that sticks in the mind was when the final whistle went at Plymouth in 2001 which confirmed our promotion to Division 2 after years in the bottom flight. Listening to the internet radio at home in Nottingham, I jumped up, thrust my fist in the air and took all the skin off my knuckles as I smacked by faux-chandelier full on.

Happy days

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not Albion releated but after Crouch scored against Man City I elbowed my Girl Friend square in the face, she went down.... and not in a good way.

To top it off she is a city fan and we were in the Spurs end.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Many years ago we had a mental coach driver that took us to away games.
He refused to stop for the toilet and made us open the door and stand there for a pee doing 70 on the motorway.
One day we encountered a contraflow and one dick head decided to open the door and kick the cones over, OK until he came to a fixed one and broke his ankle.
My how we laughed!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
After coming out of the ground in Cambridge in the late 90's me and some fellas took on some locals at a quick game of footie at a park. The game resulted in me hurting my ankle,not thinking to much of it I got the train back to LOndon had some more booze and more booze etc....

Woke up Sunday and having finally sobered realised the f**ing pain. Went to the RSC where they diagnosed a fractured ankle...not helped by walking on it from pub to pub.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A Wycombe Wanderers programmer seller's stall toppled forward and bashed me on the head a few years back. I was a little bit dazed and was taken inside the ground to the medical area to be looked at, nothing serious though. It was more comical than anything.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I cricked my neck on a number 7 'busy bee' bus on the way to Hove Station before a match. Does that count?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I got a bloody nose after a copper punched me at Aldershot many moons ago. I probably deserved it.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Not a result of a goal or anything like that, but after villa 4 of us were involved in a crash on the m40 i think it was and my chest was very painful after

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was elbowed on the nose by a Brighton fan taking a swing at a Portsmouth chap who had infiltrated the North Stand. We won 1-0. Edwards scored the goal. My friends father lifted the Portsmouth chap out and handed him over to the police. Hero.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Got a good hiding outside Ninian Park for chanting "Sheepshaggers" at Cardiff fans about ten years ago. One of the most stupidest things I have ever done. A few cuts and bruises.

When we scored that late goal last weekend, I leaped from my seat in H block; rising like a salmon only with more vigor! As I threw my arms up I felt something go in my neck! Consequently I spent all of Sunday on the sofa in agony, not able to raise me arms nor turn me head! Well worth it tho'!!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Numerous shin scrapes from plastic seats in front but most memorable was at Shrewsbury one year. We were stood at the very back of the away end behind the goal and the roof of the stand with large steel crossbeams was only just above head height. We scored, I jumped up and smacked my head on the beam above my head causing a large gash to appear (cue some obvious Vag related gags). Anyway it was bleeding and bad enough that I had to make my way to the front and seek the help of the St Johns Ambulance who led me away round the perimeter to their prefab first aid post. Got loads of grief from the Shrewsbury fans as I paraded past in my Albion away top and scarf :albion2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Numerous shin scrapes from plastic seats in front but most memorable was at Shrewsbury one year. We were stood at the very back of the away end behind the goal and the roof of the stand with large steel crossbeams was only just above head height. We scored, I jumped up and smacked my head on the beam above my head causing a large gash to appear (cue some obvious Vag related gags). Anyway it was bleeding and bad enough that I had to make my way to the front and seek the help of the St Johns Ambulance who led me away round the perimeter to their prefab first aid post. Got loads of grief from the Shrewsbury fans as I paraded past in my Albion away top and scarf :albion2:

Bloody filth :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here