Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion related injuries you have sustained

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As mentioned on the match thread, I have just skinned one of my knuckles in impressive fashion by punching the air when Murray scored and accidentally clipping the edge of a desk.

There must be more Albion-related injuries people have picked up over the years, whether at games, en route or while listening on the radio.

Please tell me I'm not the only such spanner out there :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At Sheffield Utd when Knight scored in the last minute I smashed into a bit of metal and had bruised ribs for a week - bloody painful but great result.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The one that reoccurs most is shin bruises.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The one that reoccurs most is shin bruises.

Ahhh, the joys of all seater stadiums. I hope the Amex has been suitably risk assessed in this context, and measures put in place to minimise such injuries.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Broke 4 ribs when Dean Wilkins scored the free kick to get us into the playoffs and half the North stand surged me into a crash barrier - good old St Johns Ambulance!!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Ah yes.

Villa away and Charlton away are two that were particularly painful.

Also Orient away, one of the seats in front of me *may* have been slightly broken by someone who looked a bit like me.

Southampton away was the worst for me.

Strangely I also did something similar at Orient!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
took all the skin off my shins when we won the playoff final against Bristol City. I ended about 4 rows further down

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Twisted my ankle and scraped loads of skin off my legs falling off my seat during the Playoff Final. Plus whenever we score I seem to get hit in the face by Danny Seagull.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Twisted my ankle and scraped loads of skin off my legs falling off my seat during the Playoff Final. Plus whenever we score I seem to get hit in the face by Danny Seagull.

With what?

No jokes about a face like a plasterers' radio kids!

Roz's broken ankle at the Dripping Pan was fairly spectacular. All she did was climb on to the grass bank to get out of the way of a storming Kerry Mayo run up the wing. Bang! She was crocked for months. At least the ginger prince had the grace to apologise for his turn of speed.

Halcyon

Who let the Doug out?
Jul 22, 2008
Teesside
Dislocated my shoulder when we scored the final penalty against Man City. When the nurse said he had to cut off my centenary shirt, I told him there was no way that was happening and that he would have to help me out of it whether it caused more pain or not!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Many injured knuckles from punching walls when we lose.

Nearlly ended up with a Marc Gorry related injury when he bundled over my shoulder on tuesday when we scored.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Southampton away was the worst for me.

Strangely I also did something similar at Orient!

I had 2 raw shins from St mary's last year.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I fell in the ditch separating the stand from the pitch filled with rank old brown water behind the goal after we scored at rotherham

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Roz's broken ankle at the Dripping Pan was fairly spectacular. All she did was climb on to the grass bank to get out of the way of a storming Kerry Mayo run up the wing. Bang! She was crocked for months. At least the ginger prince had the grace to apologise for his turn of speed.
:lolol:

ive only met you and roz on maybe 6 occasions.....i can only remember ONCE when she hasnt had something in plaster

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Walked into a bollard in the crowd walking away from Selhurst - had to go to casualty

Done that too! Just after the Mcshane game, walking away singing and cheering then BANG! f***! OUCH! then just pure screams of laughter from everyone I was with.

No casualty though.

:(

and of course many many many shin smacks and scrapes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here