Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Record Signing Appearing At Tranmere

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
With Sir Norman Gall otherwised engaged Hawesy will be joined this Saturday by Albion record signing Andy Ritchie.
Ritchie who joined Albion in 1980 for £500,000 which is still the club record.
Does anyone know how many other teams still have their record fee unbeaten for 23 years?

The Xmas fans phone-in lines will be open from around 4.40, 08459 570057 or text 07786 207070, and as this is the season of goodwill we have raided the prize cupboard and the best post match caller will win something.

Looking forward to taking all of your calls,especially first time callers and those on their way back from Prenton Park (Hold on to your hubcaps, its as good as being in Liverpool)

Thanks

Harty

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i will ring from tranmere

and make sure fatboy doesnt shout rude things down the phone this time :angry:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
"Does anyone know how many other teams still have their record fee unbeaten for 23 years?"

Officially is he still our record signing?

Zamora cost £100,000 + an extra £500,000 (ish) when we sold him. Therefore we actually paid more for Bobby.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Kneon, fair point but when we signed Bobby we didn't know how much we were going to eventually sell him for, surely the record signing tag means the initial fee?
Trotster, hangover wasn't too bad after the Albion do, it was the Thursday night meal at Corals followed by Pussycats Lap Dancing that was the killer.
Incidnetally had a surreal moment as result of 'my lapdancing experience', one of Worthing's fair maidens 'does a bit' down at Church Road and she came up to me and asked me if I was doing a specific funeral in Worthing this week.
Imagine my surprise when she came up to me at the funeral and said hello, and before anyone asks I didn't say "Sorry love I didn't recognise you with your clothes on!"

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Trotster just realised who you are, thanks for a great day at Fontwell, top food and Budweiser by the bucket load.
I was asleep on the sofa before Emmerdale had even started.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Harty said:
Trotster just realised who you are, thanks for a great day at Fontwell, top food and Budweiser by the bucket load.
I was asleep on the sofa before Emmerdale had even started.

YOur very welcome, anytime - I need to talk to you about another day - PM me if your still interested.

So, you never made it to pussycats with the lads that night then!!! I dont know what time they got home, but i know it was messy!!!

Oh, and thanks for telling that guy i loved him - went down like a sack of sh@t!!!!!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Hawesy, a true neutral, confirms the Zamora sell on does not constitute a fee paid out so therefore Andy Ritchie is still the Albion record buy, and will be for some time I'd imagine.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At least 5 years IMHO

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Harty said:
Hawesy, a true neutral, confirms the Zamora sell on does not constitute a fee paid out so therefore Andy Ritchie is still the Albion record buy, and will be for some time I'd imagine.

Sorry dont agree.

Received= million?

If it was in the contract when signed it is money budgeted in the accounts. Unless your saying we were ripped of by paying for a player twice.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
AS YOU HAVE SO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS LOONEY,posting on every thread.bearing in mind your viscous comments about hillsborough two weeks ago,might i suggest you get down the library and borrow scratons book HILLSBOROUGH THE TRUTH.

even the great and educated looney could learn something worthwhile from it.

perhaps a dose of humanity

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here