Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion receive go ahead to increase capacity from just over 30,000 to 32,500

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
View attachment 134775

Probably outdated with Crawley now being a league club.

You can see crawley on that map so you would assume they've been taken in to account. Also Crawley were promoted to the football league in 2011 and that is using data from the 2011 census.

Also the fact it’s using data from 116 clubs would suggest its including conference clubs anyway. :wink:

If anything, Solihull Moors reaching the conference could see us with an even bigger lead now.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Is the north shelf going to be expensive 1901 type seats with some sort of dress code, or regular seats for us riff raff?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can see crawley on that map so you would assume they've been taken in to account. Also Crawley were promoted to the football league in 2011 and that is using data from the 2011 census.

And mentions 2016 map info.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
1901 with some exclusive directors boxes too I believe.

I understood it was a regular supporters bar for regular Northstanders who could wear replica shirts and have a beer or shandy. I have probably just dreamt this wishing the little shelf seats could create an atmosphere to add to the North stand.

Forget all that i think i must have dreamt it.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I understood it was a regular supporters bar for regular Northstanders who could wear replica shirts and have a beer or shandy. I have probably just dreamt this wishing the little shelf seats could create an atmosphere to add to the North stand.

Forget all that i think i must have dreamt it.

It was originally meant to be a lounge with less strict rules and I think they said shirts would be allowed. I doubt they’d allow standing though, which is a shame because the atmosphere could be great with it being quite close to the roof.

It’s going to have a couple of boxes and a TV studio, which will mean less seats will be available when it’s in use.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It was originally meant to be a lounge with less strict rules and I think they said shirts would be allowed. I doubt they’d allow standing though, which is a shame because the atmosphere could be great with it being quite close to the roof.

It’s going to have a couple of boxes and a TV studio, which will mean less seats will be available when it’s in use.

Another TV studio in the North shelf?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Had a hell of a lot of time on my hand’s during lockdown, so I decided to add to my interpretation of what the expanded North Stand might look like.

Again, I used the plan from the council planning site, so it’s all subject to change obviously, but I mainly wanted to see the potential layout.

It’s not perfect, I think some of the furniture might be a bit oversized.

Those weird statue things were the only things I could use for people, hopefully the staff will be a bit more animated than them.
76C94FA3-0E6C-4987-923B-4D6B0DE6E048.jpeg
509ABD25-57EB-4D3E-BAC8-B6831F47B3AA.jpeg
A0B72B4E-5F3C-4454-B74C-4D2C8B1A39C3.jpeg

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Might look a bit like this. Excuse the statues in the seats, I wanted to see what it might look like with fans, but it was taking too long to put them in.
36918EF1-07BC-4648-ACE6-0CAA5FB406DE.jpeg

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Had a hell of a lot of time on my hand’s during lockdown, so I decided to add to my interpretation of what the expanded North Stand might look like.

Again, I used the plan from the council planning site, so it’s all subject to change obviously, but I mainly wanted to see the potential layout.

It’s not perfect, I think some of the furniture might be a bit oversized.

Those weird statue things were the only things I could use for people, hopefully the staff will be a bit more animated than them.
View attachment 138672
View attachment 138673
View attachment 138674

Nice to see the club are holding a naturist convention - definitely no dress code then.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Pint of bitter, sir? :shrug:
No, a pint of 'how the hell has Barber normalised this sort of thing?'.

Can you imagine any other club accepting a big gap at the top of their Kop, not being used to expand the singing end but for the Prawn Sandwich brigade?

At the same time as telling us that they are unlikely to trial safe standing because of a lukewarm response to a strategically written survey a few years back?

It's absolutely mad. Yet the reaction here seems to be 'yay, the ground will look a bit more balanced'.

Bonkers.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep because having a corporate box in our home 'kop' is exactly what will improve the atmosphere. Absolute disgrace if this happens.

Edit: unless they see sense and do this for the fans not the corporates. Lol.

I never said anything about it improving the atmosphere, simply that it will improve the aesthetics of the stadium. Good tantrum though, completely off topic and unjustified but an amusing read all the same.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yep because having a corporate box in our home 'kop' is exactly what will improve the atmosphere. Absolute disgrace if this happens.

Edit: unless they see sense and do this for the fans not the corporates. Lol.

Its an open plan bar behind the shelf, rather than individual boxes, and they've said there wont be any sort of dress code people need to adhere to. So as long as its sensibly priced its hardly a prawn sandwich brigade private box. I too would have preferred the north to be extended back, but this is still an increase in capacity to that area of the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here