Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion players that visited your school

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Garry Nelson lived near my old school. I think (although can't quite remember) that Perry Digweed came to my VIth Form College.

D

Deleted User X18H

Malcolm Poskett and Ken Tiler ...haven't we done this before

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the 70's when I was at Falmer School, to get the youngsters intyerested in footy, Brighton used to train at different schools in teh area.

i remember the whole squad, Peter Ward, Brian Horton, Sully, Spider etc etc training at Falmer School.

It was a really great idea and one that should be repeated.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dave the Gaffer said:
In the 70's when I was at Falmer School, to get the youngsters intyerested in footy, Brighton used to train at different schools in teh area.

i remember the whole squad, Peter Ward, Brian Horton, Sully, Spider etc etc training at Falmer School.

It was a really great idea and one that should be repeated.

They might be a bit old and live way, way away now David.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gully said:
Eric Steele, a couple of days after the Albion secured promotion to the First Division...for an assembly, I even got to ask him a question...something like, how do you think Brighton will do next season...didn't see a 4-0 demolition by Arsenal coming!!!

I have Eric Steele to thank for introducing me to the Albion. He did assembly at Steyning Grammar School, in 1977, I was new to the country then, and had no idea about geography in relation to the UK, and had to ask, "Who are Brighton & Hove Albion?" and "Who is he?" When it was explained to me that Brighton was a local town and they were the local team, that was it, I became a Brighton fan. Seemed only fair.

Up until then I was an avid football fan of 10 years old, living abroad, following, of all teams, QPR, Norwich and Leeds :clap2: :p
cos I liked the Subbuteo kits I had.

So Cheers for that Eric.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
seems to be a lack of modern players being mentioned here. might be an idea to let most of the local children know they have a local club with real players!!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Gordon the Gopher said:
seems to be a lack of modern players being mentioned here. might be an idea to let most of the local children know they have a local club with real players!!

I don't recall ever meeting a then current brighton play at school,when i was there between '94-99. But i know that Oatway and Hinch has been to Falmer recently

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
jevs said:
Alan Mullery came to our school (south malling primary in Lewes) circa 1977.

Jevs - I was at South Malling PS from about 1968-74 and a regular at the Goldstone from 1972/3.

My youngest sister was there from about 1974-80. I don't remember her telling me about Mullery's visit though.

Do I know you or your family? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here