Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion players that visited your school

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Back in 1983 Sammy Nelson and Chris Hutchings, about 2 weeks after signing from Chelsea, came to my school. Nelson was giving a kid in my class real stick basically because he was shite at football. He had a really loud Booooooooming Irish voice. Happy Days !!:clap: :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Eric Steele, a couple of days after the Albion secured promotion to the First Division...for an assembly, I even got to ask him a question...something like, how do you think Brighton will do next season...didn't see a 4-0 demolition by Arsenal coming!!!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Alan Mullery came to our school (south malling primary in Lewes) circa 1977.

I asked him what it was like to lose in a cup final (1975 v WHU) and i got a bollocking from my teacher for being disrespectful !!!

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
jevs said:
Alan Mullery came to our school (south malling primary in Lewes) circa 1977.

I asked him what it was like to lose in a cup final (1975 v WHU) and i got a bollocking from my teacher for being disrespectful !!!
Was the teacher a woman who knew f*** all about the great game ??:rolleyes:

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Mark Lawrenson came to Wickbourne Juniors in Littlehampton 80-81 I guess, maybe talking about stranger danger or something.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Dean Saunders visited Manor Hall Middle School once.. I think Simon Funnell went there as a kid too.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
I saved 2 Gary Stevens penalties as he was trying to teach us the right way to take them.
Joe Corrigan's kids went to Cottesmore so saw him every day & the legendary Gerry Armstrong worked at Newman for a while.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Martin Keown and Steve Penney at Fairlight in 1986. They trained us then we played a match with me on Keown's team in goal, I saved a header from Steve Penney, the highlight of my football career as he went to the WC a few months later.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
none

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Yeah, Terry Conner visited Angmering- I got him to sign the FACup 7", but he got pissed off cos he didn't play! (cup tied?) I didn't really understand at the time, just wanted his bloody autograph!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Stuart Tuck works at my school although he won't be in till September after TEARING his Achilles! Out of football for about 7 months too.

Tommy Fraser was at my school and I've played a couple of matches in front of Dean Wilkins as his son plays.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Simon Steele came to our school fete, and went in goal for a 'beat the goalie' thing. I did, with an absolute shocker that dribbled under his foot, as he casually tried to trap it.

Sammy Nelson played in the same Sunday League team [Corals FC] as me and Teddy Maybank!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here