Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion players surrounding the referee

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Possibly mentioned elsewhere but never mind.

Felt ashamed and kind of embarassed yesterday when we were awarded a free-kick from a challenege, not over-zealous may I add, inside of the centre circle and then to see 5 or 6 Albion players running towards the referee and berating him, questioning for cards. Not professional at all and not welcome. Sad sight to see.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Possibly mentioned elsewhere but never mind.

Felt ashamed and kind of embarassed yesterday when we were awarded a free-kick from a challenege, not over-zealous may I add, inside of the centre circle and then to see 5 or 6 Albion players running towards the referee and berating him, questioning for cards. Not professional at all and not welcome. Sad sight to see.

To be fair though, the stupid number of red cards we got last season - remember the CALENDAR? :lol: - seems to have subsided.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It has been increasing in recent games, perhaps the pressure of not winning a league game for a short while is getting to some of the players? I hope it does get stamped out

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
While it is never good to see such behaviour, it is pleasing to note that we're a proper team now with a lot of fight and spirit, rather than a bunch of individuals who've ended up on the South Coast for a few hundred quid a week.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was that the incident that the radio commentators mentioned was identical to one in which Calderon got booked and their player didn't? Complaining because a ref is being inconsistent doesn't really excuse the actions, but it does qualify them somewhat. I mean complaining because you think it should be a card is one thing, complaining because the ref booked one of your players for the same thing and is letting them get away with it is another thing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Want to explain your Greer thread? Laugh on the train was it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here