Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion nominated as most admired football league club

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
apoligies if posted before but I could not see it..

Five nominations for Canaries

16 February 2006 11:45

Norwich City have received five nominations in the inaugural Football League Awards.

In the awards, which also incorporate FourFourTwo's Top 50 Football League Players, the Canaries have been nominated in a string of categories - most admired Football League club, best club website, community club of the year, best club sponsorship and best kit design.

The winners are to be announced at a gala dinner at the London Hilton, Park Lane, on Sunday, March 5.

As well as representatives from the Football League and FourFourTwo magazine, judging panels include senior figures from Football in the Community, the League Managers' Association, the Professional Footballers' Association, and Supporters Direct, alongside several further key partners.

FourFourTwo football magazine will announce their “Top 50 Players In The Football League” at the awards dinner.

Nominees:

Best ground (sponsored by Carling and voted for by away fans) - Hull City, Reading, Sheffield United.

Most admired Football League club (sponsored by Oxygen8) - Brighton & Hove Albion, Crewe Alexandra, Ipswich Town, Norwich City, Reading, Southend United.

Best club website (sponsored by Premium TV) - Ipswich Town, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Wycombe Wanderers.

Contribution to football award (sponsored by BT and voted for by listeners of BBC Five Live) - Nominees: Dario Gradi (Crewe Alexandra), Gerry Murphy (Huddersfield Town), David Wetherall (Bradford City).

Community club of the year (sponsored by Asda) - Brentford, Burnley, Colchester United, Millwall, Norwich City, Notts County, Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Best club sponsorship - Gillingham, Leeds United, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Stoke City, Walsall.

Best club marketing campaign (sponsored by Marketing Magazine) - Derby County, Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Preston North End, Reading.

Best kit design (sponsored by Ted Baker) - Ipswich Town, Leyton Orient, Norwich City, Reading.

Matchday programme of the year (sponsored by Ryman) - Nominees: Barnet, Colchester United, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Hull City, Ipswich Town, Preston North End.

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10794~783476,00.html

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Who admires Reading?

My vote (if I had one) would probably go to Southend Utd, just over Crewe.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
interesting:

Community club.....Brighton not in there

Sponsor - I thought we had the coolest sponsor...not so obviously

Club marketting - Dick not in there even though his company did the wonderbra stuff

Ground....how the F is Huddersfield's ground not in there and Sheff Utd is?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dies Irae said:
interesting:

Ground....how the F is Huddersfield's ground not in there and Sheff Utd is?

Letting it slip!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
swindonseagull said:
whats with Kanchelskis?????????????

Check the link you muppet...

I'm a muppet because you posted something that is over a day old?

Yep, i like the conclusions you've drawn there!

Fine, if you're not happy about kanchelskis, would you prefer:

GOSBTS,fixtures,Quiche or Packham MOM?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where else was it posted Mr Horton?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not surprised other clubs admire ourselves and Crewe so much.

It's our natural generosity and spirit of giving that so warms people to us. Principally the giving of three points and a generous quantity of goals to every opponent we play.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dies Irae said:
I know everything about you mate

How is Nikki btw?

Ok well money's on you knowing kinky then! I haven't seen her for a few months but she seemd ok when i spoke to her on monday. Sure she'll be flattered that you were asking...:smokin:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
it seems like a lot of other people never saw it either, read the disclaimer in the first line of my post!!!!..

I will openly admit I do not read all of the posts on NSC as about 70% of it is childish drivel....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
swindonseagull said:
it seems like a lot of other people never saw it either, read the disclaimer in the first line of my post!!!!..

I will openly admit I do not read all of the posts on NSC as about 70% of it is childish drivel....

Total agreement.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
fake slim said:
I'm a muppet because you posted something that is over a day old?

Yep, i like the conclusions you've drawn there!

Fine, if you're not happy about kanchelskis, would you prefer:

GOSBTS,fixtures,Quiche or Packham MOM?

gay, gay and gay

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Wouldn't say that Bramall Lane is any better than Cov or Saints as they are new grounds, but the atmosphere there is certainly leagues ahead. I am a bit disappointed that we aren't nominated under the best sponsorship category, Skint has to be the coolest sponsor ever.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why have Norwich got so many nominations? What's so special about their place? Even the Chairman thinks they're too quiet.

And as for the best Premium TV website... they're all exactly the bloody same. :thud:

MY 9,000TH POST BY THE WAY. WOO-HOO! STILL MOANING. :down:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here