Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion - no longer a stepping stone

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But those stepping stones are getting less and less each season and we just need to keep that progress going.
At the Preistfield there were probably around 90 better stones to leap too. At the Withdaen at times there were probably be around 50 better stones, now I think it is probably around 25. Get the academy going and promotion to the prem then in another ten years who knows.

25! I have no problem in accepting we are a stepping stone for both players and managers but I'm not sure there are 25 better setups in the country than us! Maybe 18/20 but not 25

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
25! I have no problem in accepting we are a stepping stone for both players and managers but I'm not sure there are 25 better setups in the country than us! Maybe 18/20 but not 25

Leaving out Palace and Fulham there has to be 18 in the Prem alone, that would be attractive to a Championship manager.
In the Championship, with the facilities and money to offer at the right price, I could see a Brighton manager being attracted by a Leeds, Reading, Forest and Leicester, but only at higher wages than we pay. So I will split the difference and go for 22.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Leaving out Palace and Fulham there has to be 18 in the Prem alone, that would be attractive to a Championship manager.
In the Championship, with the facilities and money to offer at the right price, I could see a Brighton manager being attracted by a Leeds, Reading, Forest and Leicester, but only at higher wages than we pay. So I will split the difference and go for 22.

Sorry, I'll only go as high as 21!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Let's get one thing right, there's a lot of shit spouted in football but none moreso than from the mouth of Gus Poyet. "Hit the roof"?? - Look around you, you cretin, there's a brand new 30,000+ stadium, a brand new state of the art training facility and a squad of players that cost £10m+ with the promise of more investment to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here