Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Mount Rushmore

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It also depends on your age. Some of these players younger fans will have never seen.

Very true, but l think it's essential to have a player from a different era of the club's existance really. The players of the bygone age did have their part to play. We should honour them all.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ward, Horton, Murray, Dunk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Peter Ward and Lewis Dunk would be my nailed on certs(other fixings are available)

I’d probably go Mark Lawrenson and Glenn Murray as the others but not so certain as to hammer them in now!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ooh, just 4 is so hard! I’ll go for some not named yet.

Storer, Mayo, Butters & Calderon.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Zamora, Murray, Knockaert, Dunk.

Although just 4 is tough. Storer, Foster, Hart, Bruno, Sidwell, Ward (before my time but still a legend).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ward, Zamora, Dunk, Bruno.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lawrenson, Ward, Zamora...

And then Bruno or Murray but pretty much have to go with El Capitán in the end.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
My mercurial Mount Rushmore of breathtaking wizardry and skill would be:

Sergei Gotsmanov
Vicente
Knockaert
Zeke Rowe

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hmm... Charlie Webb must be a shoo-in, no other player has been called Mr Albion.

Which three to go with him though? I'd go for Tommy Cook, Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora

I can see the arguments for Langley, Lawrenson, Hart, Gall, Murray and Foster but the four I chose are all Brighton icons and cover pretty much the whole history of the Albion

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Peter Ward has to be in there, what other player has had (3) songs sung regularly in his honour, 30 odd years after leaving, and occasionally stil, 40 years on? Also, he was our hero, and no one elses.
The other 3 spaces are a bit tougher, but Lewis Dunk should surpass Steve Foster as our player with most appearances in the top division, and has been ours always.
Brian Horton and Zamora edging out a host of worthy others.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So here’s mine, based on my own personal impact and age.

Steve Foster. Some of my earliest memories at the Goldstone, guy was such a heroic, iconic leader. “Steve Foster my lord…”

Zamora. I don’t see how you can leave him out. First time it felt like we had a real superstar. So exciting to see him in his first phase here. Genuinely electric. What we would give for him now.

Dunk. Modern day icon. Truly one of our own, played at every level, and one of the most gifted defenders I’ve seen play for us.

Bruno. Another icon. Classy, classy player. Watching him link up with Knocky on the right was a thing to behold, both in the Championship and in our first foray into the PL.

Honourable mentions:
- Muzza
- Knocky

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Webb
Cook
Ward
Dunk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
True, still the greatest ever player to wear the stripes in my opinion though.

Is it just ability if so Vicente, Worthington, Chivers, or Smith would surly make the list, in my humble opinion to make this greatest list it should look at an individuals ability, record for the club, length of service for the club as a player and after their career, affection for the player and his or her affection for the club and its fans

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I love this as it can only be entirely personal, so for me

Sir Norman Gall
Peter Ward
Gary Hart
Lewis Dunk

*edit* I was going to do honourable mentions, but I have stuff to do tomorrow (Alex Dawson is still my favourite)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here