Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion MOAN In - Tonight

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
I had a few connection hiccups but they were only for a few seconds.. the mic quality could be improved

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thanks to all those who listened and contributed

appologies for the total f*** up at the start - no working microphone on my part, and then housemates RAPING the internet by downloading movies and playing world of warcraft. then again, i suppose it wouldnt be a moan in with what some technology cock up

podcast on-line in the next few days, and hopefully another show in the next couple of weeks - minus any the technical hitches!

thanks again :jester:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Scotty, was there any mention of any RECESS characters, like Gelman or Mrs Lemon?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Scotty, was there any mention of any RECESS characters, like Gelman or Mrs Lemon?

bollocks - unfortunately there wasnt, next time ill be sure to mention randall and upside down girl though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Scotty, can I just ask, what the HELL is an upside down pineapple cake?

i hope that is some kind of sick joke

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5562/pineapple-upsidedown-cake

Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. For the topping, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Spread over the base and a quarter of the way up the sides of a 20-21cm round cake tin. Arrange pineapple rings on top, then place cherries in the centres of the rings.

Place the cake ingredients in a bowl along with 2 tbsp of the pineapple syrup and, using an electric whisk, beat to a soft consistency. Spoon into the tin on top of the pineapple and smooth it out so it's level. Bake for 35 mins. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.

check out that link for some RAVE reviews about what pineapple upside down cake can do at a party

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
that was a great show tonight, id like to say a big well done to you guys who made it cus its great.

I think it should be on more regually cus its so good

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
whilst I mostly agree TCB and having listened for the first time today it was an enjoyable show, it's hard to say its the preferred radio option for all fans when it only had something like 22 listeners (i think unless i'm missing something)

keep it up gents, and keep it in small doses, too much of a good thing can fast become a bad thing.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Agree that it's great. However, I think what's kind of good is that it's not rammed down your throat every week with endless threads, tiresome presenters and unpopular egotistical ramblings. Mentioning no names.

I think it's clear the moan-in is the preferred radio option for all fans. I do think there is a market for it every few weeks, but I hope/know Scott won't ruin it by overloading it. One amazing show a month is better than a shit show every week with everyone bored of it!

That and the fact he is too lazy to do it everyweek!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
whilst I mostly agree TCB and having listened for the first time today it was an enjoyable show, it's hard to say its the preferred radio option for all fans when it only had something like 22 listeners (i think unless i'm missing something)

keep it up gents, and keep it in small doses, too much of a good thing can fast become a bad thing.

we hit the MASSIVE number of 59 unique listeners last night - last time we hit the 50 mark we ran out of listener spaces, so one positive of this new server is that MELTDOWN did not ensure

the moan in is quite unique in that the majority of stuff that is said you would never be allowed to get away with on the other shows out there - it obviously isnt going to be everyones cup of tea because of that, but if you enjoy it then great, if not there are other albion shows out there that can cater for you

and dont worry, we have no plans to even do it fortnightly. if there is something worth discussing then we will do a show to discuss it. if not, there is no point in doing something just for the sake of doing it, and to be honest id much rather be down the pub competing in the sunday night quiz if that is the case (note to jenkins - that does NOT come under laziness!)

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Agree that it's great. However, I think what's kind of good is that it's not rammed down your throat every week with endless threads, tiresome presenters and unpopular egotistical ramblings. Mentioning no names.

I think it's clear the moan-in is the preferred radio option for all fans. I do think there is a market for it every few weeks, but I hope/know Scott won't ruin it by overloading it. One amazing show a month is better than a shit show every week with everyone bored of it!

Subtle comments there. Egotistical ramblings, looked at yourself? :wink:

You say "I think it's clear the moan-in is the preferred radio option for all fans" - you mean all fans on NSC - we get a lot of listeners that don't go on NSC so saying all fans is not really representative.

I think it's really good that there is another option for fans now and good luck to the moan in crew, I've heard a bit and it brings something different.

Just posted as there was some conjecture from Badger that can not be substantiated.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Subtle comments there. Egotistical ramblings, looked at yourself? :wink:

You say "I think it's clear the moan-in is the preferred radio option for all fans" - you mean all fans on NSC - we get a lot of listeners that don't go on NSC so saying all fans is not really representative.

I think it's really good that there is another option for fans now and good luck to the moan in crew, I've heard a bit and it brings something different.

Just posted as there was some conjecture from Badger that can not be substantiated.

Thanks, and to you - It's not as if the two shows are similar either, so there's clearly room for both in the "market" of internet radio. The Roar tends to discuss Albion matters, wheras the Moan in looks at slightly significant issues such as Gary Hart's sandwich filling and Russell Slade's birthday presents.

All in all I think it's just good for the listener to have a bit of choice that isn't just SCR at 5pm on a Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here