Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion lose 'legal right' to host matches at Withdean

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
According to The Argus today - an appeal by an 80-yr old resident whose property backs on to Withdean has resulted in Albion losing their legal right to host matches there and also with it the additional 2000 seats they planned to install. The article states that Albion will continue to hold matches there until the end of the season and will in the meantime apply for new planning permission. They are expected to play at Withdean for the forseeable future. The resident states that he is watching what happens with interest and is in contact with his solicitor.

What the f*ck is going on!!!! :angry:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
What was the appeal about ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There was a big bit about this on here a week or so ago, I think its not new permission we need just re-newing the permission. Not a major problem from what I remember

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...does it mean that he has appealed against the decision to allow us to play at Withdean in the first place, surely he would be a bit late for that type of challenge.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
something to do with no new impact assessment being undertaken when we renewed our planning permission to use Withdean

this was because nothing had changed since the last impact assessment

however the 80yr old resident invoked some hidden away european clause that meant the planning permission extension we recdived is technically invalid.

all we will do now though is re-submit it, (presumably along with an impact assessment) and it will be passed again.

n.b. the above may not be 100% but it's the general gist of what happened

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Robert Lester Zamora said:
something to do with no new impact assessment being undertaken when we renewed our planning permission to use Withdean

this was because nothing had changed since the last impact assessment

however the 80yr old resident invoked some hidden away european clause that meant the planning permission extension we recdived is technically invalid.

all we will do now though is re-submit it, (presumably along with an impact assessment) and it will be passed again.

n.b. the above may not be 100% but it's the general gist of what happened

That is about right, though the council should have done the assessment. We will have to reapply at OUR cost. It will get through and will not result in our not being allowed to play.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Give him a 50-50.... it's only fair... it's what he's doing to us!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If this is true, I somehow think "a quiet life" is the last thing he will get now!

*awaits for sale board to be put up at property, "quick sale needed"*

:shootself

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Is it Groundhog day?

That story in the Argus is exactly the same as the one they published two weeks ago! It's even got the same quote from Catt about consulting his solicitors to try and get us evicted! Did the journalist get two pay cheques for the producing the same story twice?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I'm not buying it on principle.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but this sounds potentially quite serious (or am I worrying about nothing?)
The article states that 'The club will resubmit their original planning applications with a new clause to stay at Withdean for a further three years . . .
A Council spokesman said: ''We're expecting Brighton & Hove Albion to submit another application within the next two weeks. Local residents will be consulted and it is expected the plans will then go to committee for a decision within eight to ten weeks.''

It's the 'Local residents will be consulted' bit that bothers me - the last time the application was put in the residents had had no experience of us playing there. Supposing this time they decide 'we've had enough of this shit' (plus they've got to put up with us for at least another three years) and all kick-off and complain? ???

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Easy 10 said:
I know some people. ;)

Really now . . . well how about we start off another fund? Instead of 'Alive & Kicking' we could have the 'Dead and pushing up daisies' fund for this old boy! :lolol: punk:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here